Verizon car dock + HTC car charger?

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
For Fathers' Day, the misses bought me an HTC-branded, Tessco-manufactured car charger. 99H10129-00 is its model number, and it appears to be a 2A charger. I assume they mean 1A to each USB port, otherwise that's just crazy.

Anyone know if it is safe or feasible to use this with the Verizon Tbolt car dock? Will it drop down to the 500-750mA you'd normally expect from the dock, or will I get the full ampere?

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For Fathers' Day, the misses bought me an HTC-branded, Tessco-manufactured car charger. 99H10129-00 is its model number, and it appears to be a 2A charger. I assume they mean 1A to each USB port, otherwise that's just crazy.

Anyone know if it is safe or feasible to use this with the Verizon Tbolt car dock? Will it drop down to the 500-750mA you'd normally expect from the dock, or will I get the full ampere?

The HTC vehicle power adapter is safe to use, and probably one of the best options out there for powering and charging your phone in the car. The data lines are shorted so it will charge in high power mode, even if you don't use the included coiled cable.

The phone will draw what it needs to, so if it doesn't need 1A, it will draw less... in many cases, much less unless you are running navigation and streaming audio with a nearly depleted battery.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey