[LINK] [ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.2 Updated 7-6 11:59PM

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
THIS IS A LINK - I TAKE NO CREDIT AT ALL FOR ANY OF THIS

[ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.2 Updated 7-6 11:59PM

[ROM] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.2 Updated 7-6 11:59PM - xda-developers

I gave the first RC1.1 a shot and had issues, but this RC1.2 is working wonderfully :)

here is the most current GAPPS that you need to flash too (yes it will bring all of your Google apps with you to this ROM)... http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip
md5: 87ffe96c5e94531d96d018e09c701581

ALSO... Here is a link to some AOSP/CM kernels to choose from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1086518

Have FUN:) this Release Candidate seems to work much better and smoother...

READ READ READ EVERYTHING FIRST!!!

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this ROM late last night, and I must say that everything is running great... it takes a min for the 4g to lock on but no biggie... also, I haven't tried Nav yet... but I will let everyone know ;)

EDIT: Navigation is still not working right... oh well

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait for this to be a daily driver really miss running it on my Dinc. I may have to give it a try later thanks for the link ;)

Downloading now this will give me something to play with this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssethv

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this ROM late last night, and I must say that everything is running great... it takes a min for the 4g to lock on but no biggie... also, I haven't tried Nav yet... but I will let everyone know ;)

EDIT: Navigation is still not working right... oh well

I can't go without nav.
My disconnected dinc still runs cm7 so I can get my aosp fix when I need it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Flashing now and if I know I will need navigation I'll just restore bamf rc4. I probably go back and forth just for a change since I sold my Dinc a few weeks ago.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for this to be a daily driver really miss running it on my Dinc. I may have to give it a try later thanks for the link ;)

Downloading now this will give me something to play with this weekend.

I have been using 1.1 for the last month, its stable and usable. wouldn't say its perfect but hey look at stock, its no worse then that.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it last night and it is perfect for me. The GPS locked in on my position within seconds of launching the app. The only annoyance is the in-call volume is a touch too low but it's worth it to me to be rocking CM7!

For GPS issues have you guys tried flashing a Sense ROM then getting a GPS lock then restoring a nandroid of CM7? That apparently has worked for quite a few people.

Reactions: zero neck

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it last night and it is perfect for me. The GPS locked in on my position within seconds of launching the app. The only annoyance is the in-call volume is a touch too low but it's worth it to me to be rocking CM7!

For GPS issues have you guys tried flashing a Sense ROM then getting a GPS lock then restoring a nandroid of CM7? That apparently has worked for quite a few people.

Tried this? [fix] more volume for CM7 (updated) - xda-developers

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
As a CM7 noob I just need to say.... MINDBLOWN! :eek: The level of customization and options is insane... f'n love it. **** is fast as **** too! Even my app+data restore was 3times faster than usual.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I must say that RC1.2 is MUCH better and way more stable than the first one... I love it... alot... if I cant give Nav working, Ill just restore remix2.1. and btw.... i tried both MR2 and 2.5 and they seem to be working relatively the same :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm up and running RC1.2... my location finally found me in Beautiful Widgets... but my radio only shows 1 of 4 bars, and I'm usually 3 or 4 of 5 bars... I'm using MR2... anyone else seeing a drop in bars???

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I got less bars, but it's all good as long as it works.

I must say that RC1.2 is MUCH better and way more stable than the first one... I love it... alot... if I cant give Nav working, Ill just restore remix2.1. and btw.... i tried both MR2 and 2.5 and they seem to be working relatively the same :)

This.

Reactions: fatboy97

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Even though my navigation is spotty, my battery life is absolutely amazing

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having so much fun customizing and changing things... unlock screen... checking out wireless hotspot... changing the dock bar and other ADW settings.... I think I'll enjoy playing with the new ROM.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am going to flash this one in the morning. I have to use my ekey app to get into a house at 9am. I always have to call and get an update after a rom flash.......I have been rebooting hardcore for 2 days and am wondering if I should replace 2.5 with 2, maybe I will try the ROM first.

any issues you are finding?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for a full release before I try it.

I want my first time to be special ;)
I used to have the Hinc and ran every nightly CM7 there was... and I must say, other than the nav issues.. this is a very stable ROM... I am impressed... give it a shot man... just follow my directions from the first post, set it up on your phone and make a nandriod, if you doint like it just restore your nandroid of the other ROM you like... it cant hurt.. ;)

also, you may be waiting for a while for a FULL RELEASE, there are some RIL issues and framework stuff they are working out. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear about it on twitter :)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Need flash 10.2 to watch flash. Netflix has a slight hickup for video. Signal handoff is bad sometimes resulting in no data. Going to 3g only brings it back, then you can put it back in 4g. Can't get any other keyboards working but stock is nice. Maybe just me? Solutions, feedback?

Other than that... AMAZING.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm up and running RC1.2... my location finally found me in Beautiful Widgets... but my radio only shows 1 of 4 bars, and I'm usually 3 or 4 of 5 bars... I'm using MR2... anyone else seeing a drop in bars???

I don't know if this is right, but someone over at xda said the less bars are because CM shows data signal strength while sense shows voice/call signal strength in the bars.... so CM might be more accurate if you care about data

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay