Dialer draining battery?

rhelfand

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since upgrading to BAMF 2.1 remix, I've had some sporadic issues where my battery is draining unusually fast.

If I look at battery usage during the high drain times, it shows the dialer at the top of the list.

I did a bit of searching and I've seen this reported by a few people with different phones. The common thread seems to be GB so I don't consider this a BAMF issue.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or has any suggestions. I've been rebooting when I see it happening but of course I don't consider that a solution.

rhelfand

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Flash a different ROM... maybe CM7 RC1.2.

I'd rather not, but I might give it a shot. I like BAMF, and I read that other people using GB based ROMs are having the same issue.

I was just wondering if anyone had any more detailed information on it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am using CM7 right now, and was just using Das BAMF 3.0 RC3 and RC4 without issue if you want to blame GB.... but of course a new ROM is totally up to you... but it would be a good way to check your issue... and you can always revert to a backup fairly quickly.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
if anything flash a newer version of BAMF like 3.0 RC4, you get to keep BAMF go to a arguably better version and possibly fix that issue lol

dadunston

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am currently having this issue on BAMF RC3, over 18-20 percent dialer consumption after 4 hours of standby. Not sure what could be causing the issue but plan on flashing RC4 tonight. Also upgraded to the newest push of the Radio a few days ago.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 2.1, and have been for weeks now and don't have this issue. I used rc4 for a bit and it seemed to have a faster battery drain. Imho 2.1 remix is just so much more smoother then rc4. I've had the best battery life and experience on 2.1

Last edited: