Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dialer draining battery?

Since upgrading to BAMF 2.1 remix, I've had some sporadic issues where my battery is draining unusually fast.

If I look at battery usage during the high drain times, it shows the dialer at the top of the list.

I did a bit of searching and I've seen this reported by a few people with different phones. The common thread seems to be GB so I don't consider this a BAMF issue.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or has any suggestions. I've been rebooting when I see it happening but of course I don't consider that a solution.

Default Re: Dialer draining battery?

Flash a different ROM... maybe CM7 RC1.2.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Flash a different ROM... maybe CM7 RC1.2.
    I'd rather not, but I might give it a shot. I like BAMF, and I read that other people using GB based ROMs are having the same issue.

I was just wondering if anyone had any more detailed information on it.

I am using CM7 right now, and was just using Das BAMF 3.0 RC3 and RC4 without issue if you want to blame GB.... but of course a new ROM is totally up to you... but it would be a good way to check your issue... and you can always revert to a backup fairly quickly.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3 RC4.9

if anything flash a newer version of BAMF like 3.0 RC4, you get to keep BAMF go to a arguably better version and possibly fix that issue lol
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, point taken!

I will give a new ROM a shot this weekend.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF RC3

I am currently having this issue on BAMF RC3, over 18-20 percent dialer consumption after 4 hours of standby. Not sure what could be causing the issue but plan on flashing RC4 tonight. Also upgraded to the newest push of the Radio a few days ago.

ROM
    Stock...atm...

I'm on 2.1, and have been for weeks now and don't have this issue. I used rc4 for a bit and it seemed to have a faster battery drain. Imho 2.1 remix is just so much more smoother then rc4. I've had the best battery life and experience on 2.1
    Last edited by w00tw00twhat; 07-09-2011 at 06:18 PM.