Security warning / Stuck Hboot screen

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have tried about every way possible to undo what I did. I have to return my thunderbolt for an insurance issue, so I had to unroot it. During the unroot, I tried to flash a PMG/RUU file, and i got a Security warning with the following information underneath it:
MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.95.0000
MICROP-/
RADIO-1.02.00.0103_2r
eMMC-boot
Dec 16 2010, 22:29:58

I noticed that I have S-on but if I turn the phone on i go to root checker, and it says that i have root. If I try any option in the Hboot i get nothing to work. I tried recovery, factory rest, etc, but I go straight back to Hboot. When i turn on the phone normally, the phone powers on for about three minutes, and then it automatically powers off and goes to Hboot with a security warning. I followed the flashing of both methods found in this thread, but for both I get a Main version is older. http://forum.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/80033-htc-thunderbolt-security-warning.html If anyone would have any ideas, it would be appreciated, Thanks in Advance.

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but that was the link i was referring to that** i copy and pasted above. I tried both of those methods, and Hboot says Main version is older.

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're going to need to flash a signed RUU to get out of hboot.
This is a link to the signed MR2 RUU from Jcase: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
You need to take the SD Card out of your phone and put it in a card reader on your computer to get the file onto it. Boot into hboot after you get it on the SD Card and it will put your phone back to working conditions.

Reactions: SoDev

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help so far Cyber. I tried flashing the filesPG05IMG_MECHA_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.9_Radio_1.16.00.002223R_nv_8K_1.41_9K_1.64_RELEASE_176865_signed.zip,
but after comparing the numbers, the file that you recommended is obviously newer. Thanks for the link. I have super slow internet, so i will download this (which will take 2 hours) and see how that turns and keep you posted. Thanks again bud.

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok. i just tried flashing the RUU and it didnt work! I get the same thing, which says "Main Version is older!" I dont know what to do. Any help would be great. Thanks

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
when I turn the phone on it stays on for about thirty seconds, then turns off. I would try to root it again, but I don't have enough time to run the auto root.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
when I turn the phone on it stays on for about thirty seconds, then turns off. I would try to root it again, but I don't have enough time to run the auto root.

Does it do this even when in HBOOT, or only when you try to reboot into the actual phone?

This is a link to the signed MR2 RUU from Jcase: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
You need to take the SD Card out of your phone and put it in a card reader on your computer to get the file onto it. Boot into hboot after you get it on the SD Card and it will put your phone back to working conditions.

*IF* your phone actually says up when in the bootloader (HBOOT), you can do this. To elaborate on Cyber Warriors instructions, download the file in the link. Then find a way to copy that file to the root your SD card, and be sure to rename the file "PG05IMG.zip". When bootloader comes up, press the power button to go into HBOOT, where it should auto-detect the file and ask if you want to update.

EDIT: I apologize if this is what you're already doing...just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah no big for asking. That is what I have been doing exactpy. I have two thunderbolts now since VZW sent me the replacement. I was curious on your guys thoughts on whether the phone is powering off because it doesn't have a sim card in it. I feel like that has nothing to do with it but when I get home in a couple mins ill try it out. I have tried flashing multiple ruu files, but they either say its older or just skips the update after checking it and goes straight back to hboot with a security warning.

anon214917

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I tried putting the sim card in while booting up at the hboot but it still powered off. Then I tried going as fast as I could to factory reset under settings, and by the time factory reset started the power off thing trumped it and it shut off and went to hboot again with a security warning. Any ideas?

Edit: Sometimes when i try flashing a certain image, and the Hboot gets finished Checking the RUU file, it just goes right back to Hboot without a message or security warning.

Last edited:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I had opened up another thread about this, and then IMMEDIATELY after realized that I should have used the search function. I feel like this is my "noob for a day" time.

Anyways, I'm having the same issue. The problem is that my microSD card reader doesn't like the 32gb card so I can't move anything over to it. I have a 2gb card sitting here, but I can't seem to get my phone to recognize it when trying to flash through hboot.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

This comment was a life saver! Now to root it again and get on with my life :)

Ok, now that I have this, is there a signed/rooted GB RUU floating around somewhere? I haven't kept up with that since I have had this thing rooted since March 30th.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just did the process you did to my own device for testing and I was able to restore the device by flashing the 2.11.605.0 signed exe RUU from Another HTC Thunderbolt RUU Leaked, Version 2.11.605.0 Of Gingerbread (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

After installing the RUU then follow instructions at http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...store-insurance-gb-2-11-605-0-signed-ruu.html you can get back to stock.

When you flash the exe version of 2.11.605.0 you just need to have device powered on to bootloader and plugged into PC and the installation will take over..

Worked for me without issues..... Be glad I enjoy being a researcher..

Good Luck

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674