[LINK][ROM] Liquid Thunderbread v2.6 (8/06/11)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
THIS IS A LINK - I TAKE NO CREDIT AT ALL FOR THIS ROM.

Please read the EVERYTHING.... including the "Changes and Credits"

Liquid Thunderbread
One of the premiere Original Droid ROM development teams joins in on the Gingerbread AOSP ROM scene.
Developer: Team Liquid
Latest Release: 2.6 (8/06/11)

Information & Download

Change Log

Thanks to ssethv... again we take to credit and don't endorse this kernal...

FYI... if anyone is having screen wake issues like i was... here is a link to a kernel that should fix it... xda-developers - View Single Post - [GB Kernel] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (3.4.0GBtest 6/29/11, v3.5.6AOSP 7/22/11)

Last edited:

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Liquid Thunderbread v2.2 (7/8/11)

I've been eyeing this ROM for a couple days, I guess it's time to backup again.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Just started a little battery test... first, with the best case scenario: Reboot, unplug, Wifi on, a couple emails and after a couple hours I'm at 99%... I'll give it a few more hours and report back.

I'm thinking tomorrow with no Wifi and just LTE.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

This battery test includes Beautiful Widget's checking Weather everytime I wake my device... after 6 hrs with a number of emails... all normal use things... all on Wifi... 88% battery life... I'll take that!!!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Just about ready to start my LTE battery life test... it might be a little more than what I did yesterday, but I have a couple off site meetings, so I'm going to be moving around the city today (all in LTE coverage).

Also wanted to update you on my battery life yesterday before I went to bed and plugged it in again.... I checked a few hours after the last post and still had well above 80%... so I played a couple games of Cribbage... then about 45 minutes of Angry Birds Rio... when I plugged it in I had 65% battery life with about 11 hours straight unplugged... all with Wifi on.

****NOTE: I did find one minor bug that most people are having with Beautiful Widgets... the location will show me in someplace on the other side of the world... again, it happens with a lot of people with the AOSP ROMs. Solution: go into Locations and manually set your location... just uncheck the Geolocation and search for your city... then I checked the Geolocation about 12 hours later... I'm at work and it has the correct city location updated this morning.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Oh, and by the way... did I say the ROM file size is only 66MB!!! There are only a couple app... no real bloatware.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I knew battery life with this new ROM would not be as good on LTE as it was on Wifi... but I did upgrade the Radio to the latest Gingerbread radio (1.39.00.0627r) before loading this ROM... first 6 hours... 80% battery life... compared to 88% battery life yesterday on Wifi. I did start this test a few hours earlier... but this test also had some traveling around the metro area.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

************** Mileage MAY Very **************

I'm just getting ready to leave work... I'm at 75% battery life after running on LTE for 8 hours... most of day in doors with in 10 feet of a window... fairly good signal strength on my phone signal... and some traveling in the metro. I have similar signal strength at home as well, so it should be a good day for battery life.

I'm not a big Facebook or Twitter user on my phone. My main thing today was email, SMS and one short phone call. My phone again does update weather every time I wake it up.

************** Mileage MAY Very **************

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok... I saw an image of the battery stats on the CM7 thread... couldn't pass it up to show you my current battery life status... not to say I couldn't have cheated it if I wanted, but I did not. I'm stopping here since I stopped after 11 hours yesterday... but I did play a lot more games after I was having such a good day of battery life on Wifi, I'm guessing I could have been around 75% if I had not played games late in the day.... 65% battery life for 11 hours on LTE today using Liquid Thunderbread and the new MR2 Radio above... I'll take it!!!

screenshot-1310598610608.png

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I really like this ROM as well. There is a new leankernel out, that made the battery life even better for me. The sucker runs crazy smooth.

The only thing I can't figure out and its bugging the hell out of me ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the default wallpaper back, I can't find it anywhere on the phone, and it doesn't show up when I try to change the wallpaper.

Other than that, I absolutely love it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I really like this ROM as well. There is a new leankernel out, that made the battery life even better for me. The sucker runs crazy smooth.

The only thing I can't figure out and its bugging the hell out of me ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the default wallpaper back, I can't find it anywhere on the phone, and it doesn't show up when I try to change the wallpaper.

Other than that, I absolutely love it.

The Blue/Green water with the stars above it... just click and hold to get the Wallpaper option, select it, then select Wallpaper gallery... it has the one I just said and a what I'd call a Blue Liquid wallpaper to choose from.

I have not tried any other Kernels... just the one that comes with the ROM... so my tests were strictly with the stock ROM.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

One more update from last night's LTE battery test... I played Angry Birds Rio again for about 45 minutes and a couple hands of Cribbage... plugged it in after being on battery and LTE for 14.5 hours... 35% battery life.

I can't wait to see what v2.3 has!!!

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

N00b question.

I am currently running latest rooted stock and MR2 radio. Plus, everything is backed up via My Backup Pro (and Google).

Google apps (Nav/Maps/Tracks/Voice/etc) are important to me. So is Camera, Camcorder, and Mail.

What would I need to d/l and install? Yes, I know a wipe is in order.

What would I lose and what would I gain?

Thanks!

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

N00b question.

I am currently running latest rooted stock and MR2 radio. Plus, everything is backed up via My Backup Pro (and Google).

Google apps (Nav/Maps/Tracks/Voice/etc) are important to me. So is Camera, Camcorder, and Mail.

What would I need to d/l and install? Yes, I know a wipe is in order.

What would I lose and what would I gain?

Thanks!

The google apps are not a problem, as they come built into the ROM (as opposed to some of the other ROMs that require you to flash gApps).

The Camera and Camcorder are going to be different than stock, only because they are the AOSP flavor vs the the Sense flavor you are currently running. I would guess the Mail app is the different but I don't know for sure since I've never used it. (I use the gmail app, and touchdown for my corporate email)

So question being, are you interested in the particular camera / camcorder / mail you have now, or are you okay with different ones.

In terms of what you would change, pretty much all the sense elements that are on your phone. That includes the lockscreen, the Rosie launcher, some of the widgets, some of the sense style programs (facebook and twitter might be different depending on which one you are using).

Also, your dialer, contacts, and sms would be different as well.

The list goes on and on, its hard to nail down every single thing, What I would do, is check out the thread in xda, look at some of the screen shots, and if it appeals to you, give it a shot. Make sure you take a backup of your current setup (using clockwork recovery), and if you don't like it, it is really easy to revert.

Let me know if that make sense to you.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I am assuming 'backup current rom' is sufficient? and that can be restored w/o no ill effects? Would I lose stuff that a data wipe do?

In otherwords, does this do a 'snapshot' of everything?

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I am assuming 'backup current rom' is sufficient? and that can be restored w/o no ill effects? Would I lose stuff that a data wipe do?

Yes Backup current ROM will take a snapshot, but generally I wouldn't recommend you do it from the clockwork recovery app, you should boot in to recovery and do your backup and your flash from there.

Basically, when I flash a ROM, this is the procedure I follow:
  • Take a Backup of my apps with Titanim Backup (or myBackup Pro works too)
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Take a Backup of the ROM (under Backups and Restores)
  • Wipe Data
  • Wipe Cache (maybe? optional)
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache (under advanced)
  • Flash the ROM

If it doesn't work, boot back into recovery, and do a restore on your latest backup (go back to backups and restores, choose restores instead of backups, and pick your correct timestamp).

Just be weary, since a backup is a snapshot of the entire setup, it can take a pretty significant amount of space on your SD Card. Remember to backup your backups to an actual hard drive every so often, so you don't lose all your SD Card space.

So the short of it, backing up the ROM through clockwork, and then restoring it, will put everything back exactly the way it was.

Let me know if that makes sense for you.

Reactions: Ed Witles

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Snapshot is the best thing to call it... it saves everything... if you had to go back to it as soon as you boot up from that backup you'd see all your apps and have all your email accounts and everything setup... no work required.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude