BAMF Sense 3.0 GB or Cyanogenmod 7 - Which do you use/prefer?

Which Gingerbread ROM do you use?

• Total voters

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with Musculature. CM7 really is the fastest ROM that I've tried. Bamf ROMs seem to have some problems with force closing apps all the time.

CM7 really is lightning fast and I have yet to have a problem

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had the BAMF 3.0 GB rom for about a week and a half and tried the latest CM7 last night after helping my buddy root his Eris for the first time with CM7 so last night I loaded up the latest and greatest CM7 RC. I must say that the biggest thing I was missing with CM7 were all of the mail and contact widgets. I have my calendar on one screen, favorite contacts on another, and weather on yet another. I'm sure there are places to get them for CM7, but I switched back to my BAMF backup for the day today. I will probably give CM7 another shot tonight or this weekend after I can search around and see what widgets can be used that are similar to the ones I am used to with BAMF.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I could pick one over the other. Both are great and have there advantages and disadvantages on bmaf you get all the new Sense goodies and have very few FC and CM7 is lighter and equally as good. I like to flash between them both whenever I need a change.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have tried both and love CM more becuase I pretty much HATE sense... I voted OTHER because I am rocking a new ROM that is almost completely de-sensed but not quite AOSP... I think I have found my favorite ROM for a while now: its called Inj3ct Th3ory v5.0 with the new Dream Kernel... second fav is DB gingerRemix 2.1. honestly, I am tired of CM7, I think it is getting played out... just my opinion, i still think it is one of the best ROMs out there.

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Out of all of the Sense ROMs out there, BAMF is by far the best. But I am a huge fan of AOSP ROMs. Its not that I don't like sense, its just i like AOSP better.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I voted BAMF, been using them since 1st day of root. Looks like it's time to fins a new one? XDA pulled all the BAMF ROM off their ROM list, maybe I'll try CM7 since it runs great on my daughters NC.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Bamf 3.0!!! Its far more stable in my opinion. CM7 continues to get better with every update, but some annoying bugs are still present. I get about half the battery life and gps is still borked on my device when running cm7 rc1.2.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried CM7 rc1.2 and Das BAMF rc4... I still have a backup of BAMF rc4... but I really like Liquid Thunderbread, it's a Gingerbread AOSP, very clean, very small (68.9MB on v2.3 I just download this morning - just released last night)... I was running v2.2 the last couple days and loved it.

I'm running the latest MR2 radio (1.39.00.0627r)... and have had great battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC