A few questions about flashing RC 4.9 and skype

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Good morning all,

I have just moved from NC to TX for a job and for the short term (until my house in NC is sold), my family (wife and kids) are staying there. I desperate need skype to work and am about to take the plunge and want to make sure I have everything correct.

I have downloaded MR2 radio and the RC4.9 ROM. I have checked the M5 number and they match (side question, what in the heck is a M5 number?)

I've done a backup and am about to flash.

So my first question is...do the files need to be in the root directory? They are currently in the /sd/download directory. I can easily move it, but was just curious if this needed to be the case. I think I did the last BAMF remix ROM with the ROM being in the download folder.

And are these the next steps....

First, I flash the MR2 radio file (whether it is in the root or the download directory...doesn't matter for my question)

Second, I flash the ROM...while flashing I wipe it 2 times (or 3 times...I've read both). Question, do I wipe everything at once...do it again...and again...or do I wipe them and get out of CW and come back in and wipe them again? I know that's a complete noob question...but I'd rather ask now than when I'm in the middle of flashing.

ROM is finished flashing and I set it up with my google account. I don't reinstall anything from titanium backup except games I want to keep (best to fully reinstall).

After that...I should be running RC4.9 just fine.

Now what do I do with skype..I've been reading some files are not working are causing trouble with BAMF. Is there a tried-n-true apk file for skype that works...Not seeing my rugrats is already driving me crazy!

I greatly appreciate confirmation of these steps (or hints about steps I may have missed). Thank you.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
1) Flash PG05IMG.zip by entering bootloader after you placed it in root of sdcard
2) Reboot into your old rom, delete PG05IMG.zip off sdcard, or move to a subfolder
3) Reboot into bootloader or recovery, preferably recovery
4) Wipe Data/Cache once, then go into mounts and storage and wipe /system
5) Flash install Das BAMF S3 RC 4.9 via flash from zip and flash the ROM. Does not need to be on root of SD
6) Reboot and enjoy

Skype is meh right now. I don't have any info on how it works with BAMF, nor have I messed with it since going to Gingerbread.

For your reference MD5 sum is a hash code that in essence defines your unique file signature. If it varies at all from the correct MD5, it is most likely corrupt from download and is imperative you delete/redownload the file to avoid any future headaches.

DignodeConfianza

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Now what do I do with skype..I've been reading some files are not working are causing trouble with BAMF. Is there a tried-n-true apk file for skype that works...Not seeing my rugrats is already driving me crazy!

I saw your question about Skype yesterday. I depend on Skype to speak with my brother who is serving in Afghanistan, so that was/is the most important feature to me. I have been avoiding an upgrade for this very reason. He is home for two weeks, so I decided now would be a perfect time to experiment. I am glad that I did. I loaded BAMF's RC4.9 w/Sense 3.0 yesterday. I loved it, but I couldn't get Skype to work initially. I then found a link to "Skype 2.0 Hacked Version." The source was droid-life in a post dated June 30, 2011. It works better than the old version I had. It is faster, cleaner, and has enhanced features like being able to see when the other person is typing. I encourage you to go for it. It has only been a day, but I couldn't be happier. I am sure I will find some bugs, but overall Sense 3.0, Gingerbread, and updated Skype are all major improvements.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital