Lock screen missing and can't use phone

ktech11

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I am running Das BAMF 2.1 Remix and had a strange issue today that I can't seem to get around. My battery died while I was using the phone, so I plugged it in and promptly rebooted. The lock screen was completely missing. The notification bar is still there, but I can't use the phone. Here is what I have tried:

Wipe Cache and Dalvik and reboot
Put it in a Car dock to Unlock
Reflash ROM after wiping cache and dalvik
Wipe system, cache, dalvik and reflash ROM
Wipe system, cache, dalvik each 3 times and reflash ROM.

I am trying to avoid wiping data because I have only had the ROM on a week and had just got it the way I wanted it so I don't have a nandroid or a Ti Backup (I know, dumb). I think I have most of it backed up, but I really don't want to lose anything else. The only other thing I can think of is flashing the kernel again (I don't think this will help, but as you can tell, I am out of options). Anyone have any ideas or am I just going to have to wipe everything and start over?

Edit: I also can't get ADB to recognize the phone, but I think it because the driver never loaded properly.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait to hear from someone else but I'm pretty sure I just did a factory reset when that happened to me. I don't think I lost anything from SD card like pics when I did it, but did loose texts, contacts, etc...

Freaked me out when it happened. After reset, I just reflashed and have been solid for weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me and a couple of other users here. I htink all i did was a battery pull, and a reboot, and it was working. If not, then a nandroid restore did the trick. Actually this happened to me twice, i believe while running bamf 2.1 remix or an earlier sense 3.0 RC or preview.

I agree with fotd that a data wipe, clear cache and dalvik, and format system - then flash the same rom or a different rom - will also do the trick.
Seems like you'll have to go that route without a backup to restore.

ktech11

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me also using bamf 3.0 rc3 you have to wipe and reinstall ROM sorry :'(
:'( I had to wipe everything including data, cache, system, dalvik and re-flash. To make matters worse, I didn't have a current Ti-Backup, a Nandroid or anything, and my market links must be broken because none of my apps re-downloaded, so I had to download 50+ apps . I had just gotten the ROM the way I wanted it and was going to do my nandroid after a couple of more tweaks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The first thing I do after flashing a Rom is make a backup now I know it's to late but remember in your future flashing. There have been a bunch of times when setting up my new Rom I will remove apps using root explorer and completely screw up the Rom and require a full wipe so making extra backups will pay off. Sorry to hear about your mess but just make sure your learn from it and it will only make better :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae