Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using wireless tether in a 4G area getting about 10mbps but when I'm tethering I'm only getting 1mbs max! most of the time is actually less than that. Any one else have that problem, is there a setting that I need to turn on? Please help. Thanks in advance
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. I'm not sure, but I was thinking it might be a limitation of the WIFI connection. If you were not using LTE it wouldn't even be close to 1mb/s.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. I'm not sure, but I was thinking it might be a limitation of the WIFI connection. If you were not using LTE it wouldn't even be close to 1mb/s.

I don't think that's the case because I was getting faster speeds with mobile hot spot

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok I I tried the 3.1 beta 2 version and that didn't work. As a matter of fact ut wouldn't even let me tether unless I was in a 3G area, on 4G it would kill 4G and bring it down to 1x ? ? What's going on here? Any body else? Do I need to use a different radio? Is anybody else able to tether 4G speeds?

flooritnfly1

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
having same problem!!! wtf! Getting up to 40mbps down on my phone and barely 2-3mbps down when tethering to my laptop. Have tried every tether app I can find. Did you find a fix??

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Verizon decided to throttle connection for 3rd party tethering apps because my Mobile Hotspot is moving right along..

rot#AC

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
having same problem!!! wtf! Getting up to 40mbps down on my phone and barely 2-3mbps down when tethering to my laptop. Have tried every tether app I can find. Did you find a fix??

because thats all your gonna get you never gonna max out your speed. Mbps isnt the same as MB/s

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
because thats all your gonna get you never gonna max out your speed. Mbps isnt the same as MB/s

Um, what? I remember when I used the Hotspot tether (official one) it was much faster than what this Wireless Tether is. And hint: MB/s = Megabites/Second while mbps = Megabites per second. Those are the same thing.

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue and I have tried a few different ROM's. Back when my phone was stock and I had the free MHS it smoked right along. Now it's in the 2-3 range. Used to be around 15.

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never been able to get wireless tether to work very well. I've tried a bunch of versions and radios and it has never really worked for me. I've kind of given up on it.