Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    I'm using wireless tether in a 4G area getting about 10mbps but when I'm tethering I'm only getting 1mbs max! most of the time is actually less than that. Any one else have that problem, is there a setting that I need to turn on? Please help. Thanks in advance
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    Smitty_82's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    I've noticed the same thing. I'm not sure, but I was thinking it might be a limitation of the WIFI connection. If you were not using LTE it wouldn't even be close to 1mb/s.
  3. #3  
    Djnikkofb's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

    Default

    Which version of tether are you using? Have you tried the new 3.1 beta 2?

    1.21 giggawatts Thunder
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. I'm not sure, but I was thinking it might be a limitation of the WIFI connection. If you were not using LTE it wouldn't even be close to 1mb/s.
    I don't think that's the case because I was getting faster speeds with mobile hot spot

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djnikkofb View Post
    Which version of tether are you using? Have you tried the new 3.1 beta 2?

    1.21 giggawatts Thunder
    I'm using the one from the market 2.0.7 I think it is. I'll look for 3.1 and give it a try

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Ok I I tried the 3.1 beta 2 version and that didn't work. As a matter of fact ut wouldn't even let me tether unless I was in a 3G area, on 4G it would kill 4G and bring it down to 1x ? ? What's going on here? Any body else? Do I need to use a different radio? Is anybody else able to tether 4G speeds?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    having same problem!!! wtf! Getting up to 40mbps down on my phone and barely 2-3mbps down when tethering to my laptop. Have tried every tether app I can find. Did you find a fix??
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Maybe Verizon decided to throttle connection for 3rd party tethering apps because my Mobile Hotspot is moving right along..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  9. #9  
    armycop's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    ROM
    Flava of the Week is..

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Maybe Verizon decided to throttle connection for 3rd party tethering apps because my Mobile Hotspot is moving right along..
    What ROM are you using?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by armycop View Post
    What ROM are you using?
    Im using BAMF Forever 1.0.6 and the stock Hotspot app..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by flooritnfly1 View Post
    having same problem!!! wtf! Getting up to 40mbps down on my phone and barely 2-3mbps down when tethering to my laptop. Have tried every tether app I can find. Did you find a fix??
    because thats all your gonna get you never gonna max out your speed. Mbps isnt the same as MB/s
  12. #12  
    johndabeast's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    because thats all your gonna get you never gonna max out your speed. Mbps isnt the same as MB/s
    Um, what? I remember when I used the Hotspot tether (official one) it was much faster than what this Wireless Tether is. And hint: MB/s = Megabites/Second while mbps = Megabites per second. Those are the same thing.
  13. #13  
    gehx's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default

    b = bits B = Bytes.....big difference!

    Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Um, what? I remember
    when I used the Hotspot tether (official one) it was much faster than what this Wireless Tether is. And hint: MB/s = Megabites/Second while mbps = Megabites per second. Those are the same thing.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    I have the same issue and I have tried a few different ROMs. Back when my phone was stock and I had the free MHS it smoked right along. Now it's in the 2-3 range. Used to be around 15.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Try using I haven't had any issues with it.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    Try using I haven't had any issues with it.
    That's the one I'm using.
  17. #17  
    johndabeast's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by gehx View Post
    b = bits B = Bytes.....big difference!
    Well, I've been learned. Thanks.
  18. #18  
    romiust's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    going to try this, as I have had the same fproblems
  19. #19  
    TCM
    TCM is offline
    TCM's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vigor360 (V1.1)

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by garyhesq1 View Post
    That's the one I'm using.
    which version? The most recent version of wifi tether didn't work on my rom, but wireless tether did work.
  20. #20  

    Default

    I've never been able to get wireless tether to work very well. I've tried a bunch of versions and radios and it has never really worked for me. I've kind of given up on it.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  21. #21  
    TCM
    TCM is offline
    TCM's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vigor360 (V1.1)

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    which version? The most recent version of wifi tether didn't work on my rom, but wireless tether did work.
    Got it to work, had to enable Routing Fix, will test on 4G speeds later and see what I get.
  22. #22  
    johndabeast's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    The problem is Wireless Tether is MUCH slower than the default Hotspot.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    The problem is Wireless Tether is MUCH slower than the default Hotspot.
    no its not for the second time... i get about 2-3 Mb/s which is pretty much max speed
  24. #24  
    johndabeast's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    no its not for the second time... i get about 2-3 Mb/s which is pretty much max speed
    For you, not for me.
  25. #25  
    armycop's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    ROM
    Flava of the Week is..

    Default Re: Wireless tether app not giving me 4G speeds

    Wild, I'm on Forever 1.04 myself. What you have to do to enable the stock WiFi hotspot? Call it in? I ask because under das bamf 2.2 that stock hotspot program worked flawlessly without any additional steps, but under Forever I've got to call into Verizon to get the app to work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B