Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! Pushed OTA caught me and now phone won't turn on!

I was rooted (my husband did it, and I don't really know anything about it) but the OTA pushed in the middle of the night now I have a screen with a little phone, a red triangle and exclamation point. I'm currently out of town on a business trip and I NEED MY PHONE!

Does anyone know how to fix this?!? And if not, is Verizon going to give me a "Too bad, so sad" for being rooted? Ugh...

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

Default Re: Help! Pushed OTA caught me and now phone won't turn on!

If there's a local VZW store just bring it in and tell them your phone froze during the update. Did you flash any custom recoveries by chance?

Did you try removing your battery and putting it back in to see if a reboot will fix your issue???
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Did you try removing your battery and putting it back in to see if a reboot will fix your issue???
    wow... now i feel stupid... this got me to start back up. i had a message of "Update Failed" but the phone is unaltered.

should i unroot and take the update or just go on my merry way?

Quote Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    wow... now i feel stupid... this got me to start back up. i had a message of "Update Failed" but the phone is unaltered.

should i unroot and take the update or just go on my merry way?
    I'd say go on your merry way... and if you need you can have your husband install an update when you get home... and give him a little c%ap for rooting your phone. If you are going to have a rooted phone, then do something with it like loading a different ROM. I'm sure he just did it to remove bloatware, but that is not helping people because they will still get OTA pushes.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"