Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SoDev
  • 2 Post By Smitty_82
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    | InfectedROM Eternity

Default Need a bit of help.

Trying to do my homework before i flash Liquid thunderbread 2.3. Do i need to upgrade the kernal first or after i install the rom? Is the kernal baked into the download file on the xda website? Sorry for the noob questions just want to make sure before i wreck my new phone Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Default Re: Need a bit of help.

It's good to ask man.

It will come with a kernel built in. You can change it later, but you need the rom first and you don't need to change it at all.
    -SoDev
    fatboy97 likes this.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I would check to see how you like to kernel that is with the ROM first. Then go from there.
    fatboy97 and SoDev like this.

Both SoDev and Smitty_82 are correct... I flashed the ROM a while ago and have been using with v2.2 and now v2.3... the kernel can be replaced, but as you might have seen on the thread I started with v2.2 the ROM is great on battery life as is... I've continued posting information on the v2.3 on the thread just because I can not change the title.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    CM7

When I was running thunderbread the kernel that came with it did the trick for me