Auto Root question (part 1 successful)

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, so just as the title states, i successfully did the first part of the auto root process. i have the downgraded RUU on the phone. now when i plug in and try doing step 2 (after the downgrade) i hit any key, and it keeps posting the process for applying the downgrade RUU. so i shut down the CMD window, open it back up, and choose #2 to start the root process after downgrade. i choose "y" to start it, and it just keeps looping at those last 2 steps.

i also get a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying HTC sync ADRXXXXX USB port not responding, unplug for 10 seconds and try again.

i unplugged, tried 3 different USB ports on the back of my desktop
I am in USB debugging mode, charge only, always awake, fastboot off.
i just dont know where to go from here.

my question is, is it safe to reboot my phone. i only ask that because i think it may help, but i also read that this uses a temporary root method, which i heard gets broken when you reboot the phone. or was my original OS temporarily rooted so i could downgrade....and step 2 roots the unrooted downgrade.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
guess i should have taken my time posting this.

seems rebooting my PC has solved the issue. i still get that 10 second error message, but ADB is pushing the new RUU to the phone as i type this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz