"UIDs on the system are inconsistent..." HELP PLEASE

QUIK_LS1

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, my 'Bolt battery drained all the way down and my device powered down. I waited til I got home to plug in, let it charge for a few minutes and then booted back up while still plugged in. I now have this error message on my screen: "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." I my only option to leave this error message is a button that says "I'm feeling lucky." I tried this and was bombarded with constant force close errors from various applications. I'm guessing my solution is to boot into recovery and wipe data partition from there then reboot but I want to make sure nothing will be ruined in this process. I've never seen this error before so bear with me. I would like to note that I haven't made a nandroid backup with this latest setup (1.8.6 with the S squared blue theme) yet. Am I screwed?

Thanks in advance :'(

markmakhlouf

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, my 'Bolt battery drained all the way down and my device powered down. I waited til I got home to plug in, let it charge for a few minutes and then booted back up while still plugged in. I now have this error message on my screen: "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." I my only option to leave this error message is a button that says "I'm feeling lucky." I tried this and was bombarded with constant force close errors from various applications. I'm guessing my solution is to boot into recovery and wipe data partition from there then reboot but I want to make sure nothing will be ruined in this process. I've never seen this error before so bear with me. I would like to note that I haven't made a nandroid backup with this latest setup (1.8.6 with the S squared blue theme) yet. Am I screwed?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You are rooted, correct? What you want to do is run "fix permissions".

Some ROMs have this built in so you can run from the Android OS itself, or you can boot into recovery and run it from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908