Can't access recovery

Tbolt93

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently had downloaded the das bamf 3.0 rom with mr2 radio, without a hitch but has been a bit laggy so I decided to download the Liquid Thunderbread 2.3 through Rom manager premium OTA and it worked fine at first,i was told i only needed to wipe delvic cache since using same base 2.3.4 . But now nothing will load, and when i go to bootloader it automatically starts scanning for the PG05IMG.zip file, it finds it but just says updating and doesnt let me use the volume rocker to boot into recovery. I have since wiped system,data and formatted sd card also reloading mr2 yet it still only says updated and takes me to the splash screen and hangs, whenever it hasnt hung it has force closed the system.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You needed to delete or rename the PG05IMG.zip file in order to access recovery mode thru hboot.

Not sure what exactly you did - sounds like you erased your rom, by formatting data and system, so you have no rom. If you can get into recovery mode, just download a rom and flash it, and you should have whatever rom you flash plus the mr2 radio you installed previously.

If you don't have recovery, what you need to do now is make sure that pg05img.zip file is no longer on your sd card (shouldnt be if you formatted the card since then), and download a root-enabled version of the MR2 RUU. ... [ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Debloated [Link Added]
Place that file on the root of your sd card, renamed to PG05IMG.zip, and flash in hboot.

*Edit - ok here's the other thing, recovery is flashed to a partition on your sd card, so when you formatted your sd card you erased recovery.
If you flash the root enabled mr2 ruu, you should be ok, and you can then download rom manager and flash recovery over again. There are other ways to flash recovery (it can done in hboot) but this is probably easier. At least, i dont have to go looking for the recovery image links. Anyway, that's why you don't have cwm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbolt93

Tbolt93

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I do have cwm, however i can only access it when the sd card is out during hboot , not while it is inserted then it looks for the zip file. I am going to try your method, however if it just updates the PG05IMG.zip will it still work if it doesnt go through the wiping process during the flash?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have clockwork and the problem is just that there is a pg05img.zip file on your sd card - delete that file now on your computer by connecting the sd card to the cpu directly if you can, otherwise use a card reader or an old phone or something to connect the sdcard to cpu.

then put the card back in the phone with a rom .zip file on it, boot into hboot manually, select recovery, wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache, and flash the rom.

Tbolt93

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what I did wrong, I moved the rom to sd card and deleted pg05img.zip, but now when I take out battery,replace and then hold power and volume up at the same time it takes me to splash screen, instead of hboot?

Tbolt93

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I apologize , minor error choose volume up instead of down I can now choose recovery. I appreciate your time and will get back to you with result, I am glad to be a part of the android community due to the amazing support.

Tbolt93

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was actually going to resort to that haha. I'm sure you're tired of inexperienced people messing everything up. But thanks man you just made my day, works like new and makes me regret ever considering iphone :)