Most Stable ROM/Radio Combo?

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Plan on rooting in the near future, but I love my Thunderbolt and I really don't want it to turn into a brick (but I really also want/need added root features), so I was wondering, once my phone is rooted, what is the most stable combo of a ROM and Radio, other than staying stock of course. I think I would prefer a Froyo ROM for now, unless there is a GB ROM out there that has no issues. Let me know, exact names/links would be appreciated.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Most people seem to be using GB ROMs with either the MR2 or MR2.5ish radio with no major problems. Even the Cyanogen 7 ROM is more stable than the warnings in the first post would seem to indicate. I've used BAMF 4.9, CM7 1.3 and LTB 2.4 all with no issues, and you can find each of those three on the first page of this forum. Some might have fussy GPS or audio recording with the camcorder, but for the most part those issues have been resolved and you can find specific fixes in the release threads if you encounter them.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i am using Bam RC4.9 with the MR2 radio and have zero issues. this is my "go to" ROM when others are giving me issues and the ROM i compare every other sense based ROM to.
GPS locks on FAST
4g/3G/ signal all works great
locations are spot on
wifi works great
BT works great
like is said, it just works :)

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend cm7 with mr2. The warnings in the first post of cm7 are scary, but I have had no issues with it. I've been running it for 2 weeks now and I've had 1 random reboot the whole time. And I've done a lot of stuff with my phone, media, bluetooth, music streaming, over clocking, games etc with widgets on every screen and no slowdowns, FCs, and 1 reboot.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Das BAMF 1.8.6 with the leaked MR2 radio and i could NOT be happier. Everything works perfect except Skype(unless i'm missing something). AND, no mas random reboots. Great battery life also!!

Last edited:

Christopherg

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
i'm using BANF Sense 4.9 and I have a couple "bothersome" things:
- microphone doesn't work with headphones
- keep loosing GPS permissions

Thinking I would like to try CM7. I don't want to loose stability over BAMF, but I would love a little more 'pure" google experience.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This. I have tried everything except CM7/AOSP (because I find it boring), and I always find myself coming back to BAMF 1.8.6 for various reasons, mainly because it always gives me solid 4G regardless of the radio firmware, and it gives the best stability of any rom.

I just wish more mods were available. If you're interested in what's available now ZHP Pilot does some great work, check it out here: BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [07.07.11] UPDATE: NTE 1.8.6 & Dialers - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11