I was just wondering what the best kernel would be for battery life. I'm on the most current BAMF ROM, I'm not looking to over clock or anything like that. I just want the best battery life with moderate use.
    07-27-2011 08:59 PM
    I use Imoseyon's 3.4. Besides Adrynalyne's kernels those work the best for me. I dont overclock since the phone runs pretty fast as is. I do have the minimum setting at 368 though.
    gdoggmil04#AC likes this.
    07-27-2011 09:12 PM
    I was just wondering what the best kernel would be for battery life. I'm on the most current BAMF ROM, I'm not looking to over clock or anything like that. I just want the best battery life with moderate use.
    Try this:
    Open up terminal emulator on the phone.
    type:
    Code:
    su
    speedtweak.sh
    when prompted select 5
    07-27-2011 09:18 PM
    I use Imoseyon's 3.4. Besides Adrynalyne's kernels those work the best for me. I dont overclock since the phone runs pretty fast as is. I do have the minimum setting at 368 though.
    Thanks, i was actually thinking about flashing that one. I've heard good things about it. Is there any precautions I should take when flashing this? Is it done through Hboot, or CWM?
    07-27-2011 09:20 PM
    Thanks, i was actually thinking about flashing that one. I've heard good things about it. Is there any precautions I should take when flashing this? Is it done through Hboot, or CWM?
    Kernels are flashed through CWM.. just clear the two caches.. dalvik and cache partition.
    If you need it.. commonly asked questions part: [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt
    07-27-2011 11:09 PM
    Try this:
    Open up terminal emulator on the phone.
    type:
    Code:
    su
    speedtweak.sh
    when prompted select 5
    Thanks, and what does this actually do before i go ahead and try it?
    07-28-2011 01:05 PM
    This forum post will explain all the options of speedtweak.sh if you are using LeanKernel. Your options will be similar, but most likely in a different order.

speedtweak.sh
    07-29-2011 12:41 PM
    So i wasn't really sure what kernel i was using but I guess i'm using the LeanKernel because that script wouldn't be working if I didn't, correct?
    07-29-2011 01:01 PM
    From the das BAMF toolkit, enter the Terminal Emulator.

Type "su" without the quotes to gain superuser permissions
    Type "uname -r" without the quotes to view what kernel you are using.

My kernel is: 2.6.35.13-imoseyon-3.4.0GBtest+

2 = the kernel version
    6 = the major revision #
    35 = minor revision #
    13 = bug fix #
    imoseyon-3.4.0GBtest+ = Kernel distribution string name. This means I am running an imoseyon kernel
    07-29-2011 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD