BAMF 1.8.6 not as battery efficient as some say...?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
First of all, it would be wise to start threads like this in the rooting forums here. Secondly, battery life can and will vary from phone to phone. A poor quality signal, and 4G will suck the battery dry no matter what you try and do. Until Verizon optimizes their network a little more we'll just have to live with it. Use 3G as much as possible.

The kernel is the main cause of gains in battery life. Imoseyon's lean kernel has been one of the best performing as well as others. You can tweak it more by setting into batt saver mode, or creating separate CPU profiles. Just research the latest kernels, and play with some settings until you find one that works best for you.

Reactions: justo1013

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
First of all, it would be wise to start threads like this in the rooting forums here. Secondly, battery life can and will vary from phone to phone. A poor quality signal, and 4G will suck the battery dry no matter what you try and do. Until Verizon optimizes their network a little more we'll just have to live with it. Use 3G as much as possible.

The kernel is the main cause of gains in battery life. Imoseyon's lean kernel has been one of the best performing as well as others. You can tweak it more by setting into batt saver mode, or creating separate CPU profiles. Just research the latest kernels, and play with some settings until you find one that works best for you.
ok thanks.. and yea i meant to post it into the rooting section of the forum but i didnt realize i was posting it here... do you recommend using kernel manager to flash the kernels? or do it manually?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
ok thanks.. and yea i meant to post it into the rooting section of the forum but i didnt realize i was posting it here... do you recommend using kernel manager to flash the kernels? or do it manually?

Manually.

FWIW, I'm running the 1.8.6 Remix and get GREAT battery life. Here's the thing...

If you're using 4G LTE, all bets are off -- it's a battery hog no matter what ROM or kernel you use (at least in my experience). What I can say is that when exclusively using 3G/Wifi, 1.8.6 has been very good on power consumption for me, and I have NOT installed a different kernel. I keep mine set at 245min 1024max w/ ondemand gov (pretty standard settings) and it works great.

I generally charge my phone in the evening before bed. When I wake up, it's usually at about 90%, then I go to work, use it throughout the day, etc... by the time I plug the phone in again that evening, I'm usually still just under 50%, so yeah, I'm easily getting a full 24 hours out of a charge. Sure, there are some days when I use the phone a lot that I've got to plug in mid-day, but still, I'm not complaining.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, the right ROM/kernel can get you *better* 4G LTE battery life...I'm just saying 4G is going to suck a lot of power regardless of what you're running.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa