Thunderbolt won't boot

anon(242069)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I installed Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9 a few days ago, which I really like. So today I decided to install a custom font from the BAMF Toolkit. It downloaded and installed fine but when it rebooted the phone it gets stuck on the first htc boot screen. I can get into hboot and recovery so I know can wipe the phone and re-install the rom and all should be good. My question is whether or not there is a way to get the phone back without erasing everything. I now know for the future to backup the phone before I mess with stuff like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to make a nandroid backup of your stock rom before making any changes and any other backups of custom roms that are working that you want to keep. Make a nandroid backup everytime you switch ROMs in case something goes wrong... and then you also have a backup of the stock ROM if you decide to go back to it.
Here.. read through here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...tore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html#post829088

To answer your question... no theres no way of going back without wiping the data unless you made a nandroid.

Reactions: anon(242069)

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It's also a known bug that the fonts in the toolkit send you into a bootloop, so don't try that again once you fix it! Also, like Cyber Warrior said, when you do ANYTHING to your phone that you wouldn't be able to do if you didn't have root access, make a backup. I backup in recovery at the send of every day, but that's just because I'm paranoid...:-!

Reactions: anon(242069)

anon(242069)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for the info! I had planned to make a nandroid backup after I got everything settled but I forgot to unfortunately. I won't be making that mistake again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey