Gingeritis 3D 1.0 beta VI keeps freezing?! help please

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
terrible experience with this rom... i did a full wipe of data, cache and dalvik, and formatted system before installing and it was fine at first then kept freezing... i do battery pull then reboot and once it gets to lock screen the screen goes black and phone shuts back off and i cant turn it on again unless i do a battery pull... any advice/help would be much appreciated...thanks

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
terrible experience with this rom... i did a full wipe of data, cache and dalvik, and formatted system before installing and it was fine at first then kept freezing... i do battery pull then reboot and once it gets to lock screen the screen goes black and phone shuts back off and i cant turn it on again unless i do a battery pull... any advice/help would be much appreciated...thanks
If you cant get past the lock screen at all no matter how many times you battery pull, then you need to pull the battery again. hold down the volume down + power button at same time until phone turns on.. this is HBOOT, scroll down to reboot recovery. that will put you into CWM, from there your only option is to restore your most recent nandroid. then try another ROM:) I had the same problems with this ROM... even when i 'gently' overclocked i would still get freeze ups and lag.

I am about to go to bed but i will have my phone next to me with tapatalk. just took me some ambien so I don't know how much longer I will be awake.. but if you can get your most recent nandroid of something other that gingeritis to work, you will be fine. Can I suggest maybe liquid thunder bread or the newest CM7 1.4. they are both AOSP ROMs and extremely fast and great on battery... IMO 3D is overrated and a SUPER BATTERY DESTrOYER ;)

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you cant get past the lock screen at all no matter how many times you battery pull, then you need to pull the battery again. hold down the volume down + power button at same time until phone turns on.. this is HBOOT, scroll down to reboot recovery. that will put you into CWM, from there your only option is to restore your most recent nandroid. then try another ROM:) I had the same problems with this ROM... even when i 'gently' overclocked i would still get freeze ups and lag.

I am about to go to bed but i will have my phone next to me with tapatalk. just took me some ambien so I don't know how much longer I will be awake.. but if you can get your most recent nandroid of something other that gingeritis to work, you will be fine. Can I suggest maybe liquid thunder bread or the newest CM7 1.4. they are both AOSP ROMs and extremely fast and great on battery... IMO 3D is overrated and a SUPER BATTERY DESTrOYER ;)
thanks so much for the input.. u are the first person that i am actually hearing real negative stuff about this ROM... and i did backup my nandroiid of BAMF1.8.6... Liquid thunderbread was next on my list to try out so i guess im going to try that, but i really have gotten to like the sense 3.0... have you tried out BAMF 3.0 rc 4.9 yet btw? i was also thinking of that

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks so much for the input.. u are the first person that i am actually hearing real negative stuff about this ROM... and i did backup my nandroiid of BAMF1.8.6... Liquid thunderbread was next on my list to try out so i guess im going to try that, but i really have gotten to like the sense 3.0... have you tried out BAMF 3.0 rc 4.9 yet btw? i was also thinking of that
I have tried EVERY rom that is currently available for the thunderbolt... I have some favs and some not favs... I really dislike sense based ROMs, they use alot more battery and I have zero need for any of the sense features, there are better apps on the market that do a better job than sense does... the only real differnce between gingeritis and bamf 4.9 is the 3d with gingeritis. bamf has the toolkit but gingeritis is highly customizable too.. if you liked gingeritis, then try bamf 4.9. here is a link to all of the current ROMs that are avail, don't forget about your radio options. I assume you already are using a MR2+ radio since you had gingeritis... so you should be OK on pretty much all the newer ROMs out right now... if you like bamf 4.9, get it set up the way you like it, make a nandroid. run that rom for a few days and then try an AOSP rom (NO SENSE AT ALL) I am running CM7 1.4 and love it... just remember, ever ROM has it own set of bugs and issues and the AOSP roms tend to have more issues than GB roms... but I am having no problems with CM7. there are always tricks to get around things :) let me know if I can help in any way... thats what we are all here for... welcome to the best forum there is.
here is the link to every ROM and kernel and radio for the thunderbolt via ROOTZWIKI (if your not a member I would highly suggest becoming one. its my goto site for anything I can find here)
[ROM/KERNEL/RADIO List] Official RootzWiKi HTC Thunderbolt ROM's List - [07/30/2011]

Reactions: justo1013

justo1013

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have tried EVERY rom that is currently available for the thunderbolt... I have some favs and some not favs... I really dislike sense based ROMs, they use alot more battery and I have zero need for any of the sense features, there are better apps on the market that do a better job than sense does... the only real differnce between gingeritis and bamf 4.9 is the 3d with gingeritis. bamf has the toolkit but gingeritis is highly customizable too.. if you liked gingeritis, then try bamf 4.9. here is a link to all of the current ROMs that are avail, don't forget about your radio options. I assume you already are using a MR2+ radio since you had gingeritis... so you should be OK on pretty much all the newer ROMs out right now... if you like bamf 4.9, get it set up the way you like it, make a nandroid. run that rom for a few days and then try an AOSP rom (NO SENSE AT ALL) I am running CM7 1.4 and love it... just remember, ever ROM has it own set of bugs and issues and the AOSP roms tend to have more issues than GB roms... but I am having no problems with CM7. there are always tricks to get around things :) let me know if I can help in any way... thats what we are all here for... welcome to the best forum there is.
here is the link to every ROM and kernel and radio for the thunderbolt via ROOTZWIKI (if your not a member I would highly suggest becoming one. its my goto site for anything I can find here)
[ROM/KERNEL/RADIO List] Official RootzWiKi HTC Thunderbolt ROM's List - [07/30/2011]
k thanks again, i just installed LTB, let's see how i like it.. and yea i have tried CM7 and i really did like it, it was the MR1 version before i updated my radio (obviously) lol.. i am currently running the OTA official MR2 radio...well im gonna see how i like this then perhaps try BAMF 3.0

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Have fun my friend, just don't forget to make a nandroid backup every time you get your rom set up. Flashing is addicting ;-)

also, I have tried every radio available right now and I am having the best results of m r 2.5, but I think it all depends on which area you live in?...

Just let me know if you ever need any help you can send me a private message or whatever you want.

Also from now on if you have a specific problem with a certain rom, post your problem under that rom thred and don't make a new thread for your problem, unless your problem has nothing to do with any sort of rom, it just helps cut down on clutter and also it makes it easier for us to help you guys :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt laying in bed with 1 eye open half asleep

Reactions: justo1013

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois