I don't want the OTA, but.......

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's the problem, I do not want to accept the OTA but VW is pushing it hard. I am rooted but now that this OTA is pushing I am having superuser permission problems. how can I fix the permissions? I know there is a simple way but after moving from my EVO I have forgotten. I keep declining the update but it keeps coming, so much so that it's draining my batttery. I am running the stock ROM which I am going to change as soon as I get SU fixed, so any help would be really, really appreciated.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Mikie,

Just relax......even if you downloaded the update it wont install without your ok, so relax and fix permissions with rom manager and keep denying update as it does in my case eventually stop and so what........let your battery run down!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Oxirane

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
You can also try freezing it with Titanium Backup Pro... I think it's called either device management or System update. Done that numerous times on my vibrant :)

still_smoking

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
i keep getting the push attempted, must be while sleeping, but when i wake up the phone, it just has a box that says download failed. i am not rooted, so was looking for the update, but no luck. any ideas?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
uh... maybe, maybe not... 2 of my friends had the new update DL and install in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping... just a FYI

Also @mikiemike, since your rooted, why not just flash a debloated stock ROM, that way you wont have to worry about this at all?..! ;) and you can still have your sense, cuz I assume you like it since you haven't flash a rom yet ;) let me know how it goes and if I can help at all

Reactions: mikiemike

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
uh... maybe, maybe not... 2 of my friends had the new update DL and install in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping... just a FYI

Also @mikiemike, since your rooted, why not just flash a debloated stock ROM, that way you wont have to worry about this at all?..! ;) and you can still have your sense, cuz I assume you like it since you haven't flash a rom yet ;) let me know how it goes and if I can help at all
For sure, did it last night after I got home, problem solved! thanks for the responses everybody...

thaJack

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm running stock that I debloated myself with a freezing app. Seems to run well. I was running Das BAMF Gingerstripped, which was great, but it was really weird when it came to charging the battery.

Even after wiping the battery stats, it would take it about fifteen hours to charge up the battery fully.

I'm fine with the stock ROM, that I debloated myself, but would love to know how to get the updates to not get checked.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock that I debloated myself with a freezing app. Seems to run well. I was running Das BAMF Gingerstripped, which was great, but it was really weird when it came to charging the battery.

Even after wiping the battery stats, it would take it about fifteen hours to charge up the battery fully.

I'm fine with the stock ROM, that I debloated myself, but would love to know how to get the updates to not get checked.
instead of debloating it yourself.. u need to use a stock debloated ROM instead... that will take care of the updates, you will never get one again :)

this is the closest thing I could find for what you want and its froyo based so NO GB radio allowed!!!

1.13.605.7 Basic DeBloat
The latest stock ROM build debloated.
Developer: jcase/andIRC (Leaked RUU), Master™ (DeBloating)
Latest Release: 4/28/11
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1054239

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

The charge issue is your kernel - a newer leankernel from imoseyon would get you fast charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke