Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mikiemike
  • 1 Post By zero neck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

Default I don't want the OTA, but.......

Here's the problem, I do not want to accept the OTA but VW is pushing it hard. I am rooted but now that this OTA is pushing I am having superuser permission problems. how can I fix the permissions? I know there is a simple way but after moving from my EVO I have forgotten. I keep declining the update but it keeps coming, so much so that it's draining my batttery. I am running the stock ROM which I am going to change as soon as I get SU fixed, so any help would be really, really appreciated.

Default Re: I don't want the OTA, but.......

you can fix permission via ROM Manager
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

Quote Originally Posted by NComrade View Post
    you can fix permission via ROM Manager
    I thought that's where it was just haven't had time to look. I work at one of those funny places where you can't bring your cell into a secured perimeter. Thanks a bunch.

ROM
    evo-deck 1.3d (2.3.5)

Mikie,

Just relax......even if you downloaded the update it wont install without your ok, so relax and fix permissions with rom manager and keep denying update as it does in my case eventually stop and so what........let your battery run down!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!
    If i haven't already said it, thank you so much for all your help, it means a lot to me! So thanks!

You can also try freezing it with Titanium Backup Pro... I think it's called either device management or System update. Done that numerous times on my vibrant

i keep getting the push attempted, must be while sleeping, but when i wake up the phone, it just has a box that says download failed. i am not rooted, so was looking for the update, but no luck. any ideas?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

uh... maybe, maybe not... 2 of my friends had the new update DL and install in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping... just a FYI

Also @mikiemike, since your rooted, why not just flash a debloated stock ROM, that way you wont have to worry about this at all?..! and you can still have your sense, cuz I assume you like it since you haven't flash a rom yet let me know how it goes and if I can help at all
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    uh... maybe, maybe not... 2 of my friends had the new update DL and install in the middle of the night, while they were sleeping... just a FYI

Also @mikiemike, since your rooted, why not just flash a debloated stock ROM, that way you wont have to worry about this at all?..! and you can still have your sense, cuz I assume you like it since you haven't flash a rom yet let me know how it goes and if I can help at all
    For sure, did it last night after I got home, problem solved! thanks for the responses everybody...
    ssethv likes this.

I'm running stock that I debloated myself with a freezing app. Seems to run well. I was running Das BAMF Gingerstripped, which was great, but it was really weird when it came to charging the battery.

Even after wiping the battery stats, it would take it about fifteen hours to charge up the battery fully.

I'm fine with the stock ROM, that I debloated myself, but would love to know how to get the updates to not get checked.
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thaJack View Post
    I'm running stock that I debloated myself with a freezing app. Seems to run well. I was running Das BAMF Gingerstripped, which was great, but it was really weird when it came to charging the battery.

Even after wiping the battery stats, it would take it about fifteen hours to charge up the battery fully.

I'm fine with the stock ROM, that I debloated myself, but would love to know how to get the updates to not get checked.
    instead of debloating it yourself.. u need to use a stock debloated ROM instead... that will take care of the updates, you will never get one again

this is the closest thing I could find for what you want and its froyo based so NO GB radio allowed!!!

1.13.605.7 Basic DeBloat
    The latest stock ROM build debloated.
    Developer: jcase/andIRC (Leaked RUU), Master™ (DeBloating)
    Latest Release: 4/28/11
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1054239
    Last edited by ssethv; 08-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by thaJack View Post

The charge issue is your kernel - a newer leankernel from imoseyon would get you fast charge.
    ssethv likes this.