Am I bricked? MDM9K Fail on radio update

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted.
I have not changed my ROM from original yet
I put the 2.5 radio on the root of my SD card and renamed it.
I booted into Hboot and ran the update
It fails on MDM9K with Fail -uz
It Successfully installs Radio_V2
when I reboot I get the white HTC screen and constant reboots
battery pull does nothing but same as above.

I try pulling micro SD and putting in PC but it wants to format the card.

Can anyone save my phone?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You did get an error... I'd think you need to reload that Radio. You did check the MD5Sum code on the new Radio file before you started didn't you? I think need some USB adapter to put in your SD card so you can connect the SD card to your PC... remove the old radio file... download and install a new radio file... rename it to PG05IMG.zip Then put it back in your device and boot into hboot... and try install the radio again.

Reactions: racinbill

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Racinbill, you had rooted stock mr1 ? And then you tried to load just the mr2.5 radio?
Sounds to me like, if you still have root, you would be best off downloading the root enabled mr2 RUU file, formatting your SD card for fat32, then placing the RUU on the root of your SD card, rename the file pg05img.zip, and flashing in hboot.

I don't think you are hard bricked. I also don't think just updating your radio will fix this.
Pmease check in hboot if it says s on or s off at the top if you can.

Last edited:

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help!

MD5sum showed the MR2.5 I downloaded was bad. I ended up getting the SD card to work in my Win 7 (had been trying my XP and it failed). I copied the MR 2 Official radio over and it applied good, now I have loaded BAMF Sense 3.0 RC2.4.

I will need to find a good copy of the MR 2.5 because now I have lost 4G/LTE even tho I am in a great signal area usuallly.

BTW it had S off

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help!

MD5sum showed the MR2.5 I downloaded was bad. I ended up getting the SD card to work in my Win 7 (had been trying my XP and it failed). I copied the MR 2 Official radio over and it applied good, now I have loaded BAMF Sense 3.0 RC2.4.

I will need to find a good copy of the MR 2.5 because now I have lost 4G/LTE even tho I am in a great signal area usuallly.

BTW it had S off

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25213603/Mr2.5 PG05IMG.zip

MR2.5 radio
MD5: 513f5c64323876cf7c479bd21bd1dc3e

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help!

BTW it had S off

S off is good.

To find most radios you can look at [ROM/KERNEL/RADIO List] Official RootzWiKi HTC Thunderbolt ROM's List - [07/30/2011]... scroll down to Post#4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney