[ROM][TH3ORYROM]A05PTH3ORY V1.4X [AOSP/CM7]DKSM Kernel 8/14/11

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I also can't get flash to work. I've tried 3 different version of adobe flash and none of them have worked. Anyone have a link to a working version?

Flash 10.2 is supposed to work. There's also a fix for using Flash 10.3 if you're comfortable changing permissions on files on your phone. Let me track down the instructions for you.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY V1.2X[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7/

This is my first time running a CM7 type rom and it's crazy how different it is than sense based roms. I have noticed one annoying bug about this rom so far and that is the charging indicator led is always green. It isn't amber while charging then green once fully charged. I'll get to see how the battery holds up tomorrow while at work. Otherwise It seems to be super smooth and fast!
that is a known bug for all AOSP roms... the amber light will turn green when 10percent is left to charge on the battery.. no biggie :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's a fix to use Adobe Flash 10.3 with AOSP ROMs. I used Root Explorer to change permissions and got 10.3 working on version 1.1.1 of this ROM, as well as on CM7.

If you're new to changing permissions, running a nandroid backup before proceeding is a good idea.

See post 1285 in the link below.

http://www.rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=392&page=129

Sent using Tapatalk

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY 1.2.2x[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7

I installed the hacked 10.2 version and that didn't work either. Not sure if I'm comfortable enough to change permissions. I also can't get weatherbug elite to install from Amazon. Also can't install weatherbug free version from android market. Is this because flash doesn't work or something else?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I installed the hacked 10.2 version and that didn't work either. Not sure if I'm comfortable enough to change permissions. I also can't get weatherbug elite to install from Amazon. Also can't install weatherbug free version from android market. Is this because flash doesn't work or something else?
the weather bug thing my be something else... Did you run the patch for apps not showing up, if not click on the link to the xda site on my OP and scroll down until you see "ADD ONS' and click on it...

Market NOT Showing APPS.
--->A05P Market Service FIX
Clear Cache and Dalvik (Flash In Clockwork)

also, send me you email and I will send you the zip and apk for the official flash 10.2 :)

let me know if this helps...

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the market fix and was able to install weatherbug! Thanks for all your help ssethv!

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Installed the apk you emailed me and I still can't get YouTube videos to play in the browser. When I installed it the install screen said flash 10.3, did u send me the correct file for sure?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Installed the apk you emailed me and I still can't get YouTube videos to play in the browser. When I installed it the install screen said flash 10.3, did u send me the correct file for sure?
Positive :) unintall Flash from you market and then, install the apk that I sent you... fyi, it is going to costantly ask you to update flash when you open your market.. just ignore it ... let me know if this helps

also, did you do the new you tube update? that may require flash 10.3. check the log for you tube in the market... if it does, then just select uninstall updates from you tube in your market

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Yea I did uninstall the other version of flash first. My YouTube app works just fine its just when I try to play a video on a webpage it doesn't show video, just audio. Hmm

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM] A05PTH3ORY V1.3X [AOSP/CM7]DKSM Kernel(8/9/2

Got another question. Is there a way to change what toggles appear in the pulldown menu? When i've been looking at screenshots of themes they all have more than just the 4 toggles I have (wifi, bt, gps, vibrate).

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Got another question. Is there a way to change what toggles appear in the pulldown menu? When i've been looking at screenshots of themes they all have more than just the 4 toggles I have (wifi, bt, gps, vibrate).

I am not running it right now. Does it have the cyanogen mod settings built in? If so it will be under interface and then notification power tweaks or something like that. Sorry I'm not at my computer right now

Sent from my thunderbolt using my thumbs :)

Reactions: Bolt_of_Thunder

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to pull the built in hotspot tether to the home screen (widget)? The CM7 Rom I just came from had it in the apps menu and I could move it. This rom its under wireless .

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to pull the built in hotspot tether to the home screen (widget)? The CM7 Rom I just came from had it in the apps menu and I could move it. This rom its under wireless .
you should just be able to long press on the homescreen and select shortcuts - applications and choose wireless tether

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not running it right now. Does it have the cyanogen mod settings built in? If so it will be under interface and then notification power tweaks or something like that. Sorry I'm not at my computer right now

Sent from my thunderbolt using my thumbs :)

Thank you! I'm not used to the CM7 settings yet.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes it did. I'm loving this rom more and more every day! Now to get the balls to change the permissions in flash 10.3 so I can watch flash videos in my browser! One thing at a time

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

This ROM, and CM7 1.5.2, and dasBAMF 2.1gingerRemix... are still my top three favs

DroidTh3ory seemingly came out of nowhere... and hes blowing the doors off the place, awesome

Reactions: tfrank10

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Question .... My phone screen goes dark and it will not wake back up sometimes. I do a battery pull, reboot and I am up and running again. Any ideas? Other than that, this ROM is running great.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Question .... My phone screen goes dark and it will not wake back up sometimes. I do a battery pull, reboot and I am up and running again. Any ideas? Other than that, this ROM is running great.
the first thing I would think is, did you install custom kernel, and if so are you over clocking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance