[ROM][TH3ORYROM]A05PTH3ORY V1.4X [AOSP/CM7]DKSM Kernel 8/14/11

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Here is another GREAT AOSP ROM... this is not you typical ASOP rom though ;) It is a fusion of CM7 and AOSP.​

Here is DroidTh3ory's first AOSP build... Compiled from CM7 Source from the ground up, then torn apart to tweak, thin, and mod. It's SUPER fast, solid as a rock and fluid as it gets. ENJOY!!!

A05PTH3ORY V1.4X CM7

FULL CHANGELOG

V1.1
Newest Source from CM7 GIT (8/4/11)
Fixed Maps
Fixed GoogleTalk Video
Added Low Volume Tweak
Cooked in Pur3Ao5pStor3
Trimmed a little more fat
Edited GPS.conf (may help the few having a lock issue)
More Butter Baby!!

V1.2
Merged the latest source
Optimized ALL png's
Streamlined framework.res and systemUI
Updated Latest GAPPS and Framework
UI MODS for some flair
GPS.conf mods
DualMIC 1+2 Edits (Hope it helps)
Minor tweaks to hidden app Management
Fling scrolling is now on steroids.

V1.2.2
New Kernel (Modded Imoseyon 3.8.6 With InCall FIX)
Trimmed it down some
Automated Updater-Script
Included Speedtweak.sh
Pushed MEM (Task) Management to the brink of sanity (Enjoy Your Battery Boys)

V1.3X
Rebuilt From Source
Fixed Market
New MODDED DreamKernel 2.6.0 W/ Full Audio FIX
Minor UI
RAM Management Modifications
Trimmed SystemUI And Framework
Bumped up MAX Screen Apps (Fling Your Ass Off)
Ummm Yes, Even MORE Butter (Call Your Doctor)

V1.3.1
Updated Music
Few Edits for CPU Management
UI Changes

V1.4X
Fresh compiled source
Reverted back to Modded DreamKernel
Fixed GoogleSevices
Latest GAPPS
LTE Icon for DATA
Rebuilt Framework
Build.prop Changes
GPS.conf edits for faster lock​

RADIO: Download The Radio. Either MR2, MR2.5, .627, OR MR3 (704)

IF GPS ISSUES... Try this ,My GPS works perfectly... .

here are some tips for you to get it working... let me know if you have tried any of these.
1. turn on GPS (under 'location and security" - select BOTH 'use wireless networks' and 'use GPS satellites'. then open the 'maps' app, menu and select GET DIRECTIONS. then enter in whatever end location you want and press the NAV icon (blue arrow). it 'should' open your nav app and work... if not, try this
2. leave GPS running on you phone and make a nandroid. after nandroid is done. restore one of you older nandroids that you know for a fact has working nav, when you restore it, turn on NAV and GPS. then go into ROMmanager and restore the nandroid you just made of this. that also, should allow you to use your nav and gps...

also, I use weatherbug and have to manually put in my location sometimes.... then for no reason, it will put me back in tennessee or somewhere crazy, and I have to go back and press menu -locations- and select the preset one that I made ealier...

AS ALWAYS - READ READ READ and RESEARCH... any issues or problems relating to this ROM should be posted to this thread. please do not make a new thread post :) keeps down clutter and we can help you faster!

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS ROM, JUST THE MESSENGER ;)

ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY V1.1.1[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/5

@ssethv: I'm guessing you flashed this ROM... what's your impressions... how do you like it... what radio are you using... and of course how is your battery life with this ROM???

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

@ssethv: I'm guessing you flashed this ROM... what's your impressions... how do you like it... what radio are you using... and of course how is your battery life with this ROM???
It is pretty much CM7 with the candystore app and it is faster IMO... I love it. I am on the MR2.5 radio and battery life is the same as CM7... I think this ROM is even smaller than CM7 is... it is super fluid, no joke... I am going to stick with it for a while... and since I bought boot manager from the market, now I can easily switch back and forth from rom to rom within mins...... you should def try it... he is on v 1.1.1 and is currently going to release 2.0 any min now.. also, he baked in the amazing MIUI camera too...

I have been through every aspect of this ROM as I usually do and have found no bug yet. YET ;)

generally I only start a ROM tread if I feel it is a great ROM and this one is truly butter...

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

It is pretty much CM7 with the candystore app and it is faster IMO... I love it. I am on the MR2.5 radio and battery life is the same as CM7... I think this ROM is even smaller than CM7 is... it is super fluid, no joke... I am going to stick with it for a while... and since I bought boot manager from the market, now I can easily switch back and forth from rom to rom within mins...... you should def try it... he is on v 1.1.1 and is currently going to release 2.0 any min now.. also, he baked in the amazing MIUI camera too...

I have been through every aspect of this ROM as I usually do and have found no bug yet. YET ;)

generally I only start a ROM tread if I feel it is a great ROM and this one is truly butter...

You sold me. Downloading now.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

obviously, if anyone has any questions about this ROM, just ask.. i have been running it for a few days now.... lovin it

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I have a suggestion to anyone downloading this ROM. There is some issues with GPS. What you have to do is flash this ROM. Then go into CWR and back it up. Then delete data/wipe cache/dalvik. Install some sense rom. Turn on your GPS and go into google maps and get a lock on your position. once you do that go back into CWR and this time just do restore and go to the back up you made of this ROM. (dont wipe anything after you installed some sense ROM). It seems like a lot but since you arent really going to set up either of the ROMs it shouldnt take much longer than 20 min.

This suggestion was found on page 43 or something so I figured id save people the trouble of going thru ~43 pages.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Isn't DroidTh3ory a newer developer? If so, it's pretty amazing how fast he has caught on. He's a talented dude that's for sure.

I'll have to give this a try soon, but I like me some Sense ;)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I loaded this up in Boot Manager. It runs so well off the SD Card that it has to be amazing when loaded onto the phone. Good stuff.

Sent using Tapatalk

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Do I need to flash the gapps, or is that just for the CM7 ROMS? Sorry for question am new to this.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Do I need to flash the gapps, or is that just for the CM7 ROMS? Sorry for question am new to this.
nope.. gapps is already built into this rom.... it is a hybrid rom... i would have posted it in OP if otherwise needed... :)

One thing about every rom anyone should do, is read through the whole OP thread, it will tell you what is and isn't included in any rom:)

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Isn't DroidTh3ory a newer developer? If so, it's pretty amazing how fast he has caught on. He's a talented dude that's for sure.

I'll have to give this a try soon, but I like me some Sense ;)
It is nuts how many Roms he a been banging out in the last month... he def making a name for himself. plus he has a lot of support from top notch devs too.

and If you want to try a new sense rom.. try the skyraider one that I posted... you will like... he was one of the best devs for the incredible

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I have a suggestion to anyone downloading this ROM. There is some issues with GPS. What you have to do is flash this ROM. Then go into CWR and back it up. Then delete data/wipe cache/dalvik. Install some sense rom. Turn on your GPS and go into google maps and get a lock on your position. once you do that go back into CWR and this time just do restore and go to the back up you made of this ROM. (dont wipe anything after you installed some sense ROM). It seems like a lot but since you arent really going to set up either of the ROMs it shouldnt take much longer than 20 min.

This suggestion was found on page 43 or something so I figured id save people the trouble of going thru ~43 pages.
I just wanted to say thanks for the tip for anyone that may read it in this thread... but I really want to say thanks for actually READING and doing your own research... impressive man... thank you... thats how it should be :)

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

nope.. gapps is already built into this rom.... it is a hybrid rom... i would have posted it in OP if otherwise needed... :)

One thing about every rom anyone should do, is read through the whole OP thread, it will tell you what is and isn't included in any rom:)

Oh yeah, I'm a tard, totally missed that, thanks. I blame it on only having one cup of coffee so far this morning.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY V1.2X[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7/

Fine I'm going to break down and get boot manager. Between this, Sky raider, Liquid 2.6, and something else I saw I need to flash.

By the way, nice job on the member spotlight.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Fine I'm going to break down and get boot manager. Between this, Sky raider, Liquid 2.6, and something else I saw I need to flash.

By the way, nice job on the member spotlight.
thanks. I didn't think anyone would really notice the member spotlight thing :)

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

This is my first time running a CM7 type rom and it's crazy how different it is than sense based roms. I have noticed one annoying bug about this rom so far and that is the charging indicator led is always green. It isn't amber while charging then green once fully charged. I'll get to see how the battery holds up tomorrow while at work. Otherwise It seems to be super smooth and fast!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Strange but I can't get data working on 1.2 on a Boot Manager install. Version 1.1 worked fine with Bootanager and so does CM7, which is installed as the primary phone ROM. Unfortunately, don't have time to mess with it for a day or two.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

Sent using Tapatalk

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

This is my first time running a CM7 type rom and it's crazy how different it is than sense based roms. I have noticed one annoying bug about this rom so far and that is the charging indicator led is always green. It isn't amber while charging then green once fully charged. I'll get to see how the battery holds up tomorrow while at work. Otherwise It seems to be super smooth and fast!

I also can't get flash to work. I've tried 3 different version of adobe flash and none of them have worked. Anyone have a link to a working version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12