Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Thumbs up [ROM][TH3ORYROM]A05PTH3ORY V1.4X [AOSP/CM7]DKSM Kernel 8/14/11

Here is another GREAT AOSP ROM... this is not you typical ASOP rom though It is a fusion of CM7 and AOSP.

Here is DroidTh3ory's first AOSP build... Compiled from CM7 Source from the ground up, then torn apart to tweak, thin, and mod. It's SUPER fast, solid as a rock and fluid as it gets. ENJOY!!!

FULL CHANGELOG

V1.1
    Newest Source from CM7 GIT (8/4/11)
    Fixed Maps
    Fixed GoogleTalk Video
    Added Low Volume Tweak
    Cooked in Pur3Ao5pStor3
    Trimmed a little more fat
    Edited GPS.conf (may help the few having a lock issue)
    More Butter Baby!!

V1.2
    Merged the latest source
    Optimized ALL png's
    Streamlined framework.res and systemUI
    Updated Latest GAPPS and Framework
    UI MODS for some flair
    GPS.conf mods
    DualMIC 1+2 Edits (Hope it helps)
    Minor tweaks to hidden app Management
    Fling scrolling is now on steroids.

V1.2.2
    New Kernel (Modded Imoseyon 3.8.6 With InCall FIX)
    Trimmed it down some
    Automated Updater-Script
    Included Speedtweak.sh
    Pushed MEM (Task) Management to the brink of sanity (Enjoy Your Battery Boys)

V1.3X
    Rebuilt From Source
    Fixed Market
    New MODDED DreamKernel 2.6.0 W/ Full Audio FIX
    Minor UI
    RAM Management Modifications
    Trimmed SystemUI And Framework
    Bumped up MAX Screen Apps (Fling Your *** Off)
    Ummm Yes, Even MORE Butter (Call Your Doctor)

V1.3.1
    Updated Music
    Few Edits for CPU Management
    UI Changes

V1.4X
    Fresh compiled source
    Reverted back to Modded DreamKernel
    Fixed GoogleSevices
    Latest GAPPS
    LTE Icon for DATA
    Rebuilt Framework
    Build.prop Changes
    GPS.conf edits for faster lock

RADIO: Download The Radio. Either MR2, MR2.5, .627, OR MR3 (704)

IF GPS ISSUES... Try this ,My GPS works perfectly... .

here are some tips for you to get it working... let me know if you have tried any of these.
    1. turn on GPS (under 'location and security" - select BOTH 'use wireless networks' and 'use GPS satellites'. then open the 'maps' app, menu and select GET DIRECTIONS. then enter in whatever end location you want and press the NAV icon (blue arrow). it 'should' open your nav app and work... if not, try this
    2. leave GPS running on you phone and make a nandroid. after nandroid is done. restore one of you older nandroids that you know for a fact has working nav, when you restore it, turn on NAV and GPS. then go into ROMmanager and restore the nandroid you just made of this. that also, should allow you to use your nav and gps...

also, I use weatherbug and have to manually put in my location sometimes.... then for no reason, it will put me back in tennessee or somewhere crazy, and I have to go back and press menu -locations- and select the preset one that I made ealier...

AS ALWAYS - READ READ READ and RESEARCH... any issues or problems relating to this ROM should be posted to this thread. please do not make a new thread post keeps down clutter and we can help you faster!

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS ROM, JUST THE MESSENGER

ENJOY!!!
    Last edited by ssethv; 08-14-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: updated to 1.4x

Default Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY V1.1.1[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/5

@ssethv: I'm guessing you flashed this ROM... what's your impressions... how do you like it... what radio are you using... and of course how is your battery life with this ROM???
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    @ssethv: I'm guessing you flashed this ROM... what's your impressions... how do you like it... what radio are you using... and of course how is your battery life with this ROM???
    It is pretty much CM7 with the candystore app and it is faster IMO... I love it. I am on the MR2.5 radio and battery life is the same as CM7... I think this ROM is even smaller than CM7 is... it is super fluid, no joke... I am going to stick with it for a while... and since I bought boot manager from the market, now I can easily switch back and forth from rom to rom within mins...... you should def try it... he is on v 1.1.1 and is currently going to release 2.0 any min now.. also, he baked in the amazing MIUI camera too...

I have been through every aspect of this ROM as I usually do and have found no bug yet. YET

generally I only start a ROM tread if I feel it is a great ROM and this one is truly butter...
    Jux

ROM
    CM7/MIUI/whatever I fancy

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    It is pretty much CM7 with the candystore app and it is faster IMO... I love it. I am on the MR2.5 radio and battery life is the same as CM7... I think this ROM is even smaller than CM7 is... it is super fluid, no joke... I am going to stick with it for a while... and since I bought boot manager from the market, now I can easily switch back and forth from rom to rom within mins...... you should def try it... he is on v 1.1.1 and is currently going to release 2.0 any min now.. also, he baked in the amazing MIUI camera too...

I have been through every aspect of this ROM as I usually do and have found no bug yet. YET

generally I only start a ROM tread if I feel it is a great ROM and this one is truly butter...
    You sold me. Downloading now.
    I made the Picard Video
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
    ssethv likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

obviously, if anyone has any questions about this ROM, just ask.. i have been running it for a few days now.... lovin it

I have a suggestion to anyone downloading this ROM. There is some issues with GPS. What you have to do is flash this ROM. Then go into CWR and back it up. Then delete data/wipe cache/dalvik. Install some sense rom. Turn on your GPS and go into google maps and get a lock on your position. once you do that go back into CWR and this time just do restore and go to the back up you made of this ROM. (dont wipe anything after you installed some sense ROM). It seems like a lot but since you arent really going to set up either of the ROMs it shouldnt take much longer than 20 min.

This suggestion was found on page 43 or something so I figured id save people the trouble of going thru ~43 pages.
    Thanked by 2:
    zero neck likes this.

ROM
    Synergy

Isn't DroidTh3ory a newer developer? If so, it's pretty amazing how fast he has caught on. He's a talented dude that's for sure.

I'll have to give this a try soon, but I like me some Sense

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I loaded this up in Boot Manager. It runs so well off the SD Card that it has to be amazing when loaded onto the phone. Good stuff.

Sent using Tapatalk
    ssethv and zero neck like this.

ROM
    LiquidThunderbread 2.5

Do I need to flash the gapps, or is that just for the CM7 ROMS? Sorry for question am new to this.
    I don't think the world is going to end on Dec, 21,2012; but I'm not doing any Christmas shopping till the 22nd.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sterrac View Post
    Do I need to flash the gapps, or is that just for the CM7 ROMS? Sorry for question am new to this.
    nope.. gapps is already built into this rom.... it is a hybrid rom... i would have posted it in OP if otherwise needed...

One thing about every rom anyone should do, is read through the whole OP thread, it will tell you what is and isn't included in any rom
    Forgetful likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    Isn't DroidTh3ory a newer developer? If so, it's pretty amazing how fast he has caught on. He's a talented dude that's for sure.

I'll have to give this a try soon, but I like me some Sense
    It is nuts how many Roms he a been banging out in the last month... he def making a name for himself. plus he has a lot of support from top notch devs too.

and If you want to try a new sense rom.. try the skyraider one that I posted... you will like... he was one of the best devs for the incredible
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhioG View Post
    I have a suggestion to anyone downloading this ROM. There is some issues with GPS. What you have to do is flash this ROM. Then go into CWR and back it up. Then delete data/wipe cache/dalvik. Install some sense rom. Turn on your GPS and go into google maps and get a lock on your position. once you do that go back into CWR and this time just do restore and go to the back up you made of this ROM. (dont wipe anything after you installed some sense ROM). It seems like a lot but since you arent really going to set up either of the ROMs it shouldnt take much longer than 20 min.

This suggestion was found on page 43 or something so I figured id save people the trouble of going thru ~43 pages.
    I just wanted to say thanks for the tip for anyone that may read it in this thread... but I really want to say thanks for actually READING and doing your own research... impressive man... thank you... thats how it should be
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

ROM
    LiquidThunderbread 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    nope.. gapps is already built into this rom.... it is a hybrid rom... i would have posted it in OP if otherwise needed...

One thing about every rom anyone should do, is read through the whole OP thread, it will tell you what is and isn't included in any rom
    Oh yeah, I'm a tard, totally missed that, thanks. I blame it on only having one cup of coffee so far this morning.
    I don't think the world is going to end on Dec, 21,2012; but I'm not doing any Christmas shopping till the 22nd.
    ssethv likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Updated the OP with my GPS workaround tips, and did the same in the CM thread
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

updated to version 1.2
    Thanked by:
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY V1.2X[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7/

Fine I'm going to break down and get boot manager. Between this, Sky raider, Liquid 2.6, and something else I saw I need to flash.

By the way, nice job on the member spotlight.
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
    zero neck likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Fine I'm going to break down and get boot manager. Between this, Sky raider, Liquid 2.6, and something else I saw I need to flash.

By the way, nice job on the member spotlight.
    thanks. I didn't think anyone would really notice the member spotlight thing

This is my first time running a CM7 type rom and it's crazy how different it is than sense based roms. I have noticed one annoying bug about this rom so far and that is the charging indicator led is always green. It isn't amber while charging then green once fully charged. I'll get to see how the battery holds up tomorrow while at work. Otherwise It seems to be super smooth and fast!

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM

Strange but I can't get data working on 1.2 on a Boot Manager install. Version 1.1 worked fine with Bootanager and so does CM7, which is installed as the primary phone ROM. Unfortunately, don't have time to mess with it for a day or two.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_of_Thunder View Post
    This is my first time running a CM7 type rom and it's crazy how different it is than sense based roms. I have noticed one annoying bug about this rom so far and that is the charging indicator led is always green. It isn't amber while charging then green once fully charged. I'll get to see how the battery holds up tomorrow while at work. Otherwise It seems to be super smooth and fast!
    I also can't get flash to work. I've tried 3 different version of adobe flash and none of them have worked. Anyone have a link to a working version?

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM

I also can't get flash to work. I've tried 3 different version of adobe flash and none of them have worked. Anyone have a link to a working version?
    Flash 10.2 is supposed to work. There's also a fix for using Flash 10.3 if you're comfortable changing permissions on files on your phone. Let me track down the instructions for you.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

that is a known bug for all AOSP roms... the amber light will turn green when 10percent is left to charge on the battery.. no biggie

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM

Here's a fix to use Adobe Flash 10.3 with AOSP ROMs. I used Root Explorer to change permissions and got 10.3 working on version 1.1.1 of this ROM, as well as on CM7.

If you're new to changing permissions, running a nandroid backup before proceeding is a good idea.

See post 1285 in the link below.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY 1.2.2x[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7

I installed the hacked 10.2 version and that didn't work either. Not sure if I'm comfortable enough to change permissions. I also can't get weatherbug elite to install from Amazon. Also can't install weatherbug free version from android market. Is this because flash doesn't work or something else?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][TH3ORYROM]PUR3AO5PTH3ORY 1.2.2x[AOSP/CM7]DKS Kernel(8/7

I installed the hacked 10.2 version and that didn't work either. Not sure if I'm comfortable enough to change permissions. I also can't get weatherbug elite to install from Amazon. Also can't install weatherbug free version from android market. Is this because flash doesn't work or something else?
    the weather bug thing my be something else... Did you run the patch for apps not showing up, if not click on the link to the xda site on my OP and scroll down until you see "ADD ONS' and click on it...

Market NOT Showing APPS.
    --->A05P Market Service FIX
    Clear Cache and Dalvik (Flash In Clockwork)

also, send me you email and I will send you the zip and apk for the official flash 10.2

let me know if this helps...
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast