android market app, anyway to not update?

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to use the "old version" (sorry i don't know the actual release number) of market and have it not update to the new one with books and movies and all that junk? i just want apps! this new one drives me crazy!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Flashing a custom ROM would do it. The devs are still using the old market in their ROMs.. at least for now.

acbanner.jpg

| General Help and How To | Tips & Tricks | Forum Guidelines |

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
running cm7 1.5.2 the market app that came with it is the one i like it auto updated though. how do i bock this action?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still new to this whole root thing, but so far this is working for me:
1. I downloaded the 2.2.6 .apk version of the Market (I couldn't remember what the last version was that still had the old Market before 3.0.26 hit, so I settled on 2.2.6) - just Google it
2. I used Titanium Backup to Freeze the Market Updater (it's still at v1.0)
3. Used TB to insert the 2.2.6 .apk over the top of the existing 3.0.27
It's only been a couple of days, but normally the Market would update after the first time I used it - so far, so good. Now I'm looking for the final version just prior to 3.0.26 so that I can use that.
Good luck

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you all here, new market sucks :mad:

I am on a mission now, will find the latest Google Market prior to the major update and will upload it somewhere. If I knew how to make a flashable CWR zip I'd do that, but I hate those things anyway xP

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/?npbqbudhgnkcbl4 here it is. Market version 2.3.6, last known update prior to the 3.0.xx update. Simply download the file to your phone and install it like any other APK. I recommend completely uninstalling your current version of the Market and wiping cache before installing this one.

Also as GSDer said, use Titanium Backup to freeze the Market Updater so you don't get bumped back to the new version.

Last edited:

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
oops, I hit agree to something while trying to go in to rate an app on the app market and then poof, i guess Im updated to a new version of the App Market for my 3vo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle