• 1 Post By ssethv
  • 1 Post By fatboy97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Any AOSP roms coming close to Ginger3D battery life?

Ive been running Ginger3D for a while because I'm getting better battery life than I've ever got. Also the call volume on aosp drives me a little crazy (though I saw there is a recent fix for that) .

I just want to go back to aosp because the sense slowness and resource hogging is undesirable.

So between the major AOSP editions (liquid 2.6, Th3ory, cm7 1.5) is there one with almost equal battery? I know I could flash them all and test but that would take 7 to 10 days

On Ginger3D I'm getting 5.3 hours of display on time with 20 hours unplugged.

With AOSP I was getting 4 hours display and 20 hours up.

Settings are
    Wifi / 3g only; and display on was internet surfing, angry birds, and Netflix.

Default Re: Any AOSP roms coming close to Ginger3D battery life?

Well... let me step up to the plate on this one. You want someone to stop using an AOSP ROM and test Ginger3D... or you want someone to stop using Ginger3D and test an AOSP ROM... is that correct???

Is there any reason you can't do this??? Flash a backup and test away!!! These ROMs are coming out with updates to them if not once a week, then at least once every two weeks. I don't think I could compare a version I tested 2 or 3 weeks ago and get the same answer as today... let alone have the same usage as you and have you be happy with me just saying "yes, pick this one, it so much better." Go try one or two, or all three for yourself. You will probably have the answer for yourself in a couple days, testing at least one a day... and if you don't like any of them flash back to Ginger3D. Personally, I like my AOSP ROM.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    ssethv likes this.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Well... let me step up to the plate on this one. You want someone to stop using an AOSP ROM and test Ginger3D... or you want someone to stop using Ginger3D and test an AOSP ROM... is that correct???

Is there any reason you can't do this??? Flash a backup and test away!!! These ROMs are coming out with updates to them if not once a week, then at least once every two weeks. I don't think I could compare a version I tested 2 or 3 weeks ago and get the same answer as today... let alone have the same usage as you and have you be happy with me just saying "yes, pick this one, it so much better." Go try one or two, or all three for yourself. You will probably have the answer for yourself in a couple days, testing at least one a day... and if you don't like any of them flash back to Ginger3D. Personally, I like my AOSP ROM.
    I'm just curious did you even read the post before you lit off like that? Flamer.
    Thanked by 2:
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Couldn't have said it better. I am an AOSP guy myself.. no frills, just my apps and widgets the way I want them. I only use three homescreens and sense ROMS give me too many screens(im whining ) like fatboy stated, everyone may have a diff user experience, make a nandroid and have some fun

another great battery saving tip is an app called '2x battery' by sam lu (creator of setCPU) - only works when not on wifi, but when screen is off it turns of mobile data and only lets you recievce texts or calls, every 15 mins, the app(widget) refreshes your mobile data to let any emails and what not get through.
    fatboy97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closure View Post
    I'm just curious did you even read the post before you lit off like that? Flamer.
    Apparently someone else did like what I said... and yes, I did read my post before... and I was happy with what I said.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
    ssethv likes this.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Apparently someone else did like what I said... and yes, I did read my post before... and I was happy with what I said.
    I didn't think your answer was flaming at all, you seemed respectful and helpful.

hence my signature
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Just wondering if someone has tried Ginger3d and one of the aosps recently and what their input is. If they had tested both roms on their own phone/usage then there should be a fair comparison of which is better on battery.
    Is it inconceivable that another person has run Ginger3d and one of AOSPs in the last 1-3 weeks?
    It takes a couple days to accurately measure rom life which I'd rather not spend testing 3 ROMs if someone else has.
    Last edited by Forgetful; 08-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Just wondering if someone has tried Ginger3d and one of the aosps recently and what their input is. If they had tested both roms on their own phone/usage then there should be a fair comparison of which is better on battery.
    Is it inconceivable that another person has run Ginger3d and one of AOSPs in the last 1-3 weeks?
    It takes a couple days to accurately measure rom life which I'd rather not spend testing 3 ROMs if someone else has.
    I've run both cm7 and ginger3d. Battery was better on 3d, however... yeah, aosp runs so much faster... one thing I've noticed too is that cm7 pops awake constantly. The screen doesn't come on but in batt use it shows a bunch of little blue lines the whole time it's supposed to be sleeping.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Nothing beats running testing it yourself... That way you know exactly what its going on based on your own experience.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Ive been running Ginger3D for a while because I'm getting better battery life than I've ever got. Also the call volume on aosp drives me a little crazy (though I saw there is a recent fix for that) .

I just want to go back to aosp because the sense slowness and resource hogging is undesirable.

So between the major AOSP editions (liquid 2.6, Th3ory, cm7 1.5) is there one with almost equal battery? I know I could flash them all and test but that would take 7 to 10 days

On Ginger3D I'm getting 5.3 hours of display on time with 20 hours unplugged.

With AOSP I was getting 4 hours display and 20 hours up.

Settings are
    Wifi / 3g only; and display on was internet surfing, angry birds, and Netflix.
    Hey I have used gigeritis3d and uber BAMF and omfgb. And omfgb was great but it still had some issues with data connections battery life was acceptable. Way better then stock. However my battery life is so much better on gigeritis3d and BAMF. Which is why I came back, and the widgets, and Facebook calender not syncing. You have to remember every phone is different and yours could have better battery life on AOSP.

My ADR6400L is just as good as your PG86100.
    Thanked by: