GPS acting stupid - won't connect under Navigator

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

Rooted stock latest ROM and 2.5 radio - even had the GB RUU leaked radio.

Under NAV, it keeps searching for GPS. Yet, exit NAV and go to GPS Test, it is working. But sometimes the satellites disappear.

Go back into NAV and even w/ a clear view to the sky, I keep getting circles around the blue pointer. Some small, some large. Sometimes it just sits then jumps to the correct spot.

Clear cache, clear and reset the GPS data.

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I'm going to take a wild guess... you are running a AOSP ROM... it's a known issue with AOSP ROMs... it would really help if you let us know what ROM you are having issues with when you post a thread!!!

Fix: Flash a backup of your ROM... install a Sense ROM (Gingeritis 3D, Das BAMF 3.0, just to name a couple), full wipe, cache, and Dalvik cache of course... then just start up Navigation app, get a GPS Lock... start ROM Manager, go into Recovery, flash a backup just to keep one with a good GPS lock... then flash your backup of your AOSP ROM... once you are backup and running test Navigation again... you will be just fine.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
1.70.605.0._mecha_signed_070811_deodexed is the ROM I am using at this moment.

modelid: PG0510000
cidnum: VZW__001
mainver: 1.70.605.0
hbootpreupdate:12

Is the radio ROM.

I was using the other ASOP/GB/etc but some minor quirks were giving me grief, so went back to old reliable Froyo for now.

There is GB/ASOP/Etc ROM overload and way too many choices.

While I am a tinkerer, would prefer to use the device as designed more than time spent tweeking and fiddling. No offense to those to enjoy. During the day, I have no 3g access, so that also limits my 'play time'.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about the Radio... what ROM are you using (CM7, Liquid Thunderbread, etc, etc)????

****EDIT: Sorry... are you actually running the "OLD FROYO" again... is that what you said????

Last edited:

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup.

Is there a 2.3.4 no nonsense that has the least of issues?

Not looking for overclock or fancy gadgets or fluff, but something simple that works and works well. And takes nothing (good stuff) from what I currently have.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Your issue is GPS with the "Old Froyo" ROM. You want to correct that... correct??? Suggestion: Go find a different Radio... and if that doesn't work you might need to flash the Froyo ROM again... and I'd wipe your data, cache and Dalvik cache again before flashing the ROM... but first, try the Radio since that is the easiest thing to do.