CM7 back to MR2 Root (Sin Card Issue)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have been rooted for several month and been running latest CM7 for past couple of weeks and I decided go back to my rooted MR2 stock rom. When I went back I found everything has restored(contacts..widgets...apps...etc) WiFi and all other features work accept my mobile network does not work.(no signal and can not make any calls as well does not see the sin card) However when I go back to my latest CM7 Rom my mobile network come back and I cam resume with having 3G/4G + calls. I figure I had flash the MR2 radio again which I did but still have no signal. Does anyone have any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
First thing I would assume is that you got a bad radio. Try downloading another version, perhaps Chingy's and see if that fixes it.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I will try but I have tried radios from root wiki and assumed it would be good because I used them for CM7.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread Radio's do NOT work with the Stock Froyo ROM... and reload the stock Froyo ROM will not reload a Radio... you need to load a Froyo Radio.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The new minor problem I have is the software I am running does not have the LTE/cdma option in the settings. I don't know what I need to download or flash now? I have new radio which thought came with the option....obviously I am a little lost.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
???

Radio's don't have the "the LTE/cdma option in the settings"... that is a ROM... if you switched back to the stock ROM, then the only way I know of to switch the LTE settings (LTE or 3G) is to use the LTE OnOff app. Or are you asking for something different and I'm not understanding you???

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Really... I did not know that... I left stock before MR2... I guess I just learned a new thing... so if it's not there... maybe they flashed the wrong Radio would be the only guess I have, or they should try to flash that radio one more time.

Will do.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You could try flashing the ROM again.... if you did you probably should wipe the data, cache and Dalvik cache and not reload any backup data before you try it out to see if the data that you had is causing the issue.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This thread over at RootzWiki is a little bit more complete in radios. Chingy didn't put the latest one up on XDA anywhere that I could find.

Are all radio options on that site supposed give me the cdma/lte option? By the way I just declined the official automatic over the air update which I believe I should of done this I am rooted...right?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes.. decline the update.

LTE on/off setting..
Its an option available in the settings of stock phones that was released with the MR1 or MR2 update.. I forget which one.

I can't speak for other ROMs but I've used every version of Lightning ROM and every version of Bamf ROM and I've never seen the option included... not sure about any other ROMs but I'm sure they are the same.
I know in the Bamf ROMs they include this feature in their toolbox.

I'm not sure why the developers decided to leave the stock version of this setting out of their ROMs... maybe they were not able to bake it in or maybe they just rather use their own LTE on/off setting but don't go crazy trying to find the option. So far I've only seen the setting on stock ROMs... which is found under "wireless & network"

If I had to take a guess on why.. the MR2 radio was released by Verizon for Froyo and therefore wouldn't work on a leaked Gingerbread ROM.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes.. decline the update.

LTE on/off setting..
Its an option available in the settings of stock phones that was released with the MR1 or MR2 update.. I forget which one.

I can't speak for other ROMs but I've used every version of Lightning ROM and every version of Bamf ROM and I've never seen the option included... not sure about any other ROMs but I'm sure they are the same.
I know in the Bamf ROMs they include this feature in their toolbox.

I'm not sure why the developers decided to leave the stock version of this setting out of their ROMs... maybe they were not able to bake it in or maybe they just rather use their own LTE on/off setting but don't go crazy trying to find the option. So far I've only seen the setting on stock ROMs... which is found under "wireless & network"

If I had to take a guess on why.. the MR2 radio was released by Verizon for Froyo and therefore wouldn't work on a leaked Gingerbread ROM.

Lol the thing is I had it when I auto rooted using the tool from the AC forum. I guess I will go back and auto root again. Any objections?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz