Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bolt_of_Thunder
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it ok to update CWM?

I'm still relatively new to rooting and I'm just looking for clarification on this. I know you just flash it once when you first root, but are you supposed to update again?

Default Re: Is it ok to update CWM?

Yes it's ok to update... although some have report issues with the most recent updates... but you can always flash an older version at the bottom of the menu.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

some people have no issue with updating. however when I go past v 3.0.2.5 I cant restore any nandroids... I freaked out one day... luckily I was able to flash a new zip of "whatever" ROM and then once that was up, I spent a few days digging for answers and it was suggested to flash an older version of CWM through rom manager.. when I did that I was able to restore all my nandroids again... I wont go past 3.0.2.5.
    Thanked by:

That's good to know Seth. Ill need to make a new nandroid of ao5pth3ory then since my first one was when I was using 3.0.2.5
    ssethv likes this.