Questions

jmalucci

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I need help big time I really want to root my tblot but I have a few questions and need a lot of help. you guys really know your stuff.

1. I know I need to back my stuff up but how

2. will I loose all of my game data

3. I don't know what ROM's to get

4. Radios?

Any help you guys could give would be great i have been shifting through the posts hear and have learned a lot all ready but you can never know to much.

thanks Joe

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Rooting wipes everything. After rooting then use a back app... personally I prefer MyBackup Root.

ROMs are a personal choice... Sense 2.1 ROMs, Sense 3.0 ROMs, AOSP ROMs... not to mention Froyo or Gingerbread ROMs. Look around and read some threads... try one out... if you don't like it, move on to another. Check out some of the ROMs in the link in my signature below.

Radio... depends on the ROM... Froyo ROMs required Froyo radios... Gingerbread ROMs require Gingerbread Radios.

To flash the radio, download one, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card.
Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button
at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio.
Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder...
I recommend just renaming the file to something like MR2PG05IMG.zip. If its not moved or renamed after the installation it will
constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

dsfarag

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Read my recent post as far as some of the issue go. Titled, "Common issues when rooting TB." PM me and I can help if need be.My gtalk account is also on my profile as well.

Reactions: tfrank10

jmalucci

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Rooting wipes everything. After rooting then use a back app... personally I prefer MyBackup Root.

ROMs are a personal choice... Sense 2.1 ROMs, Sense 3.0 ROMs, AOSP ROMs... not to mention Froyo or Gingerbread ROMs. Look around and read some threads... try one out... if you don't like it, move on to another. Check out some of the ROMs in the link in my signature below.

Radio... depends on the ROM... Froyo ROMs required Froyo radios... Gingerbread ROMs require Gingerbread Radios.

To flash the radio, download one, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card.
Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button
at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio.
Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder...
I recommend just renaming the file to something like MR2PG05IMG.zip. If its not moved or renamed after the installation it will
constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

thanks this really helps a lot but I have a question what is the root of your SD Card?

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
you can root using the new revolutionary and it will not wipe your data (if you want to stay stock rooted), it is also incredibly simple.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks this really helps a lot but I have a question what is the root of your SD Card?

If when you connect your device to your PC as a Drive... say it'd drive E:, or F:... that is the root folder. Do not put it in any other sub-folders.