CM7, wireless tether, and Galaxy Tab - no joy..

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

Under stock, I was able to let the Tab pigback off of wireless tether. Now that I installed CM7 (latest), that is now gone.

Built in, 2.0.7, 3.1, Barnacle - all same thing.

Tab sees the signal, attempts to get an IP, then disconnects.

Thoughts?

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with the built in wireless tether on CM7, I've only used it a handful of times. Did you do a full wipe when you loaded the latest version of CM7? Have you tried changing the security settings under your tether, leave it open then try wpa2 psk.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, from the top. :) Wireless tether works fine on CM7. No errors or etc.

My PC can connect to it.

But my Galaxy Tab cannot. Tries to get an IP and then disconnects.

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a different rom and tested to see if it works. I just tried it on my Tab and CM7 using Wireless Tether and connected. Barnacle couldn't even be found. I would recommend using different tethering apps. Hopes this helps

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
What version of tether you using? What CM7 build? And is your Tab a Sprint version running 2.3.4 GB?

Make any changes to the tether?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, from the top. :) Wireless tether works fine on CM7. No errors or etc.

My PC can connect to it.

But my Galaxy Tab cannot. Tries to get an IP and then disconnects.

If ur pc can connect and not your Tab then the problem could be on the Tab. Try re-checking your settings on your Tab.

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
What version of tether you using? What CM7 build? And is your Tab a Sprint version running 2.3.4 GB?

Make any changes to the tether?

I am using Wireless Tether version 2.0.7

my Tab is from VZW running Froyo

and the CM build is RC 1.6.1

no changes started it up allowed access and connected no problem. Do you have access to other WIFI where you can check the Tab's access?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Default settings. How the app installs is how it was used under froyo and GB builds.

Default settings. How the app installs is how it was used under froyo and GB builds.

The latest version of wireless tether has specific settings for the Thunderbolt and HTC devices. You need to select the Thunderbolt under device profile, and check the routing fix box. If that doesn't work then you should try to change the setup-method within the settings to Softmap (master). Honeycomb has problems recognizing ad-hoc tether for some reason.

I had problems tethering initially, but I know people who have it working properly with wireless tether playing around with some of those settings. The ad-hoc issue can be fixed permanently by another procedure if you want to root your tab as well. That's what I did

If all else fails then try PDANet for tablets, because that doesn't use ad-hoc to tether. Probably won't work as well as wireless tether but at least it's something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781