AOSP Roms wrong geolocation

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I like using AOSP roms but whenever it gives me my geolocation, it's completely off. I live in the US but according to my geolocation when I use apps like beautiful widgets or google maps, I'm in Estonia. I've had the same problem on both CM7 and Liquid Thunderbread. This never happens on the sense roms I've tried. Is there a way to fix this?

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm on CM7 and have had this issue with Fancy widget. A few days ago I made the switch to Simiclock, which also has weather, and I have yet to see the issue with this widget. I'll give it over the weekend before I will say it's fixed, but so far so good.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The only semi solution workaround is to have Wifi enabled and be in range of at least a network or two. It is as has already been mentioned a known problem with AOSP.

You don't have to be connected to any Wifi network for this fix to work. Just have it enabled. The obvious downside is the slightly higher drain on battery from running an extra radio. But its something until they can solve the problem proper.