Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

Default Anyone Flash the Newest Radio Yet?

Well as you may know, there's a new new leak out, and the radios are availible >>>here<<< Anyone flash these yet? If you have/are going to, keep us posted since I never really like being the guinea pig, I'll just let you guys do it for me!
    EDIT: Updated link to CDMA/LTE Radio bundle. Last one on list, flash 1 time. CHECK MD5 FIRST!
    Last edited by PapaSmurf6768; 08-21-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Default Re: Anyone Flash the Newest Radio Yet?

I did, works perfectly, I'm so glad I chose to root.

Yup running fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    iPhone> Incredible> Thunderbolt> Galaxy Nexus> Moto RAZR

Just flashed... not sure I like this flashing two radio's thing (CDMA and LTE)... but it's running fine... I'll have to see how it goes the rest of the weekend and into next week.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Two radios?

link? were to find this?

Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Two radios?
    Two... if you read the first couple of posts in [RADIO] HTC Thunderbolt Radios [PG05IMG.zip] (Updated: 19 Aug 2011)... there are two downloads for every radio set... a CDMA radio, and a LTE radio... they are each approx 12MB, which about 1/2 the size of the full size radio files I've loaded before this thread.
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7 View Post
    link? were to find this?
    Please read the first thread...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
    Well as you may know, there's a new new leak out, and the radios are availible >>>here.<<< Anyone flash these yet? If you have/are going to, keep us posted since I never really like being the guinea pig, I'll just let you guys do it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Please read the first thread...
    ooppss missed the small blue "HERE"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7 View Post
    ooppss missed the small blue "HERE"
    Or you can read the link in my post #7.

Downloading now, about to flash.

I will update once I get it up and running.

Ok so I downloaded both the CMDA and LTE radios, but do I flash then separately? For instance do I put the CDMA radio as PG05IMG, reboot in bootloader, flash, then repeat with the LTE radio? My initial thought is that the second flash would over-write them first, is that true or is this the correct order on how to flash the two separate radios?

Thanks for the help.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

What you said is correct, you flash one then the other. There are bundles though. Ill get a new link up soon to a one-time flash.

EDIT: Updated OP w/ bundled radios. Flash only 1 time

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PapaSmurf6768; 08-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

So the link you posted that was updated is a link to the bamf site where both radios are in 1 install? I am currently downloading the last one in the list as I assume its the newest one you were referring to in your op
    Last edited by Tower72; 08-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.

I've been using the newest radio "From the 2.10.605.1 RUU" for a full day... including leaving the LTE area and into 3G coverage using Navigation app... worked great... I'm very happy!!!

Thanks for the help, I've been using this new radio (along with bamf rc4.9 ROM) and have been getting incredible battery life. Granted I am using juice defender, but 4 hours in and I'm only down 20%.

I have the radio myself and its been running fine. I didn't have to flash two radios though. The method I used only consisted of one file for both radios.

~A smart man can play dumb, but a dumb man can't play smart.~

ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

I've been on the new radio for a couple days, CM7. It takes an extra couple seconds after i wake up my phone and go right to twitter or facebook for the feed to refresh, I have it set to refresh on demand. Also I'm noticing an improvement in battery life. Could this new radio putting 4g to sleep when your phone screen goes off?

so far so good for me, no issues, 4G locks quick, gps locks quick and close, battery life so far for 1 day is AMAZING. 8hrs still have 82% left

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

I have the newest radio (and GB build) and every so often, the 3g/4g goes off line. Need to toggle the Mobile Network to bring it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Witles View Post
    I have the newest radio (and GB build) and every so often, the 3g/4g goes off line. Need to toggle the Mobile Network to bring it back up.
    I have not seen this issue, but I'm running Gingeritis 3D VII... what ROM are you running???

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

2.10 GB leak (full RUU) rooted and debloated by me. Did not see this w/ the 1st GB leak a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Witles View Post
    2.10 GB leak (full RUU) rooted and debloated by me. Did not see this w/ the 1st GB leak a week ago.
    Sounds like a good reason to go to 2.11... and maybe not to debloat it until you test it for a while.

ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

Here are my latest battery stats with the new radio, there is no doubt I'm getting better battery life after switching to this radio. I base a lot of my results on my awake screen time. Usually before I'd get 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes on a full charge. This new radio I'm getting 2 hours of awake display time. I also see my phone signal is changing more on the new radio, I think this is where the savings is being seen at. Some how the 4g signal is being put asleep after the screen is turned off for a certain amount of time. I consider myself more towards a heavy user, I'm on my phone all day.

Previous battery stats

New battery stats