Cannot Connect to Specific Wfi Signal After Root

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally jumped into rooting today on my Thunderbolt with that new UnRevoked rooting tool, very easy very nice. After root I cannot connect to one of my wifi signals (I have 3) I can click on the SSID, it disconnects, then attempts to reconnect, then it disconnects and connects to another one of my wifi signals. Any help would be great thanks!

Edit: It's solved now, had nothing to do with my phone.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Guessing since you did not really give us much information... after you rooted then you did not have any of the information or wifi's setup... so you had to re-enter all your security codes... correct??? Maybe you mis-typed one... is that possible???

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually no, with this root method everything is kept on the phone, I even tried to make it forget the old wfi signal and retype the password, still doesn't work, it will connect, then instantly disconnect. Works fine with every other wifi signal, restarted twice, still doesn't work.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually no, with this root method everything is kept on the phone, I even tried to make it forget the old wfi signal and retype the password, still doesn't work, it will connect, then instantly disconnect. Works fine with every other wifi signal, restarted twice, still doesn't work.

Possibility it might be the router... did you try powering it off (unplug it) for about a minute, then power it up... give it a minute or two and try connecting to it again.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, I think you were correct, I tried my iPod touch's internet connected to the same router and it didn't work, that might've been what was wrong, I can't test my phone this minute because I'm flashing a ROM onto it. I'll write back if that fixed it. Thanks.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha, well, the router was the problem, thanks for the help anyways, I should've tried that in the first place. Everything is working great now, thanks for your help. I was just flashing a regular de-bloated gingerbread for my phone, nothing big.