High Dialer Usage after Gingerbread update?

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I searched for this and didn't find anything so I wanted to bring it up, after upgrading to the newest Gingerbread leak, my dialer now uses at least 20% of the battery. Before the update I didn't even see it on the battery usage chart because I rarely call people, and even when I did it still didn't come up this high. Any one else seeing this?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw it and disabled it. Apprears to be from DInc2 GB ROM. Assisted Dialling is only useful if you're using a world phone overseas. Stateside it can be turned off without ill effect. My Dialler dropped from 26% to 2% since disabling. I didn't do an imitate restart so it took time to bring the average down.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I turned off assisted dialing but I still see the Dialer using a bunch of my battery. I'll noticed it towards the top right as I take it off the charger in the morning so its not like I've made any phone calls.

wlaw422

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I turned off assisted dialing but I still see the Dialer using a bunch of my battery. I'll noticed it towards the top right as I take it off the charger in the morning so its not like I've made any phone calls.

Hey I was having the same issue...and to help with it I went into Titanium backup and wiped all the items that show up under "dialer" when you tap it under the battery usage screen. Items like "Phone, Dialer Storage, DM Command Service, and Field test". I wiped all of those and that seemed to help.

However I noticed the biggest difference in battery life after I installed nerozehl's 2.3.6 dream kernel today. I chose battery saver option using the speadtweak.sh. Ever since I have had great battery life.

And I don't know if you have tried this. But whenever you restart your phone, right after it boots up, go into running services under applications. I always see so many running services going on that I don't need at the moment. Google music and skype come to mind. End them. I always found them to use quite a bit of juice when the phone was just in my pocket.

Hope this helps...best of luck

Last edited:

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey I was having the same issue...and to help with it I went into Titanium backup and wiped all the items that show up under "dialer" when you tap it under the battery usage screen. Items like "Phone, Dialer Storage, DM Command Service, and Field test". I wiped all of those and that seemed to help.

However I noticed the biggest difference in battery life after I installed nerozehl's 2.6.0 dream kernal today. I chose battery saver option using the speadtweak.sh. Ever since I have had great battery life.

And I don't know if you have tried this. But whenever you restart your phone, right after it boots up, go into running services under applications. I always see so many running services going on that I don't need at the moment. Google music and skype come to mind. End them. I always found them to use quite a bit of juice when the phone was just in my pocket.

Hope this helps...best of luck

Thanks, I have had assisted dialing off and it seems to not help much so I'll try this out.

wlaw422

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I have had assisted dialing off and it seems to not help much so I'll try this out.
No prob. let me know how it works out for you. I am very picky about my battery life (esp with this phone) I like to try as many different things as I can to improve it

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it made it through the school day of 6 to 2 with 47% battery left, which is good enough with its moderate usage it got. Hopefully it will get better when the school's wifi is fixed so that it can connect to that and use less power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc