[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VIII [8-24-11]

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
VI is working so well for me but I guess I have to atleast give this one a go and check it out. Maybe flash it tonight along with newer radio and test run a few days.

That's my problem, I just can't get away from VI. I have amazing better life and very little problems. Unless they come out with something really different, I may just hang onto VI for a little while longer.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
(shaking my head) your killing me here lmao, reloaded VII and the NEW radio and my battery life is be exceptional, awesome. best ever 12hrs and still have more than 1/2 battery life left. chingy makes some amazing ROMS. just got this VII apps and everything placed on my phone "again" :) well look like i will be giving this one a try

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone to get rid of the bloatware, if I download this ROM, what kind of radio do I need to download and where can i find it, also is there a way to backup your data or do i have to start over everytime i load a different ROM?

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The radios are listed I believe on the forums. Be sure you get a gingerbread one for starters. Sometimes you will find 2 radios to install (CDMA and LTE) but also if you look you can find them all in one neat flashable in HBOOT package :)

And these roms WILL wipe your phone backto factory hence losing all your stuff.. As far as a program that will be everything up, some people swear by Titanium Backup or MyBackUp pro...I personally never use these and always start fresh with each new rom. That way if there are any program hiccups or incompatibilites, ill know

Reactions: cubez

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone to get rid of the bloatware, if I download this ROM, what kind of radio do I need to download and where can i find it, also is there a way to backup your data or do i have to start over everytime i load a different ROM?

As far as a program that will be everything up, some people swear by Titanium Backup or MyBackUp pro...I personally never use these and always start fresh with each new rom. That way if there are any program hiccups or incompatibilites, ill know

I'm in the Titanium camp. I can understand starting from scratch each time to a degree, but with a mind set like that you could never install anything which saves data because you're just going to get rid of it anyways. Titanium has a free version which will back up apps one at a time, or a paid version that can do batch operations. Titanium is, by far, my most used app. I install new ROMs too often to just throw it all away each time.

Reactions: cubez

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the newest radios with this version and i keep droping to 1x anyone else? What radios are u using

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ratbastrd

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Same, issue, have tried to reboot a couple of time and let it set for 6 hours, no change. Going back to previous version which was flawless, what was I thinking???

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
LTE and 3G are being reported down ranging from Cali to Wisconsin to Hawaii atm...its not your radios

hahahahaha I just went through 3 different radios, recovery, and a factory reset and nowq restoring Gingervitis ver VIII... Chalk that up for learning experience "impatient"

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
no i have a new problem. My phone will not will not recomigize USB cable and ask what i wanna do. I cant load as a disk drive ? No notification of usb debugging mode or anything.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I love VII but the fact that there is no voicemail notification is kind of a bummer. Any chance of that getting added any time soon?

Very strange... I did just test this, and did not get a notification either. Unfortunately the actual programmers do not post these ROM links... just some of us that monitor their postings on other websites. If you really want to find out if there is a fix or report something you really need to go to one of the sites they monitor... XDA, RootzWiki, or in this case Chingy's primary website TheMikMik.

If I have time I'll poke around there to see if I see anything... and maybe post this as an issue if it has not been posted already.

****EDIT: Just found it on the primary posting:

Known Issues
Voicemail notifications

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
no i have a new problem. My phone will not will not recomigize USB cable and ask what i wanna do. I cant load as a disk drive ? No notification of usb debugging mode or anything.

Hopefully you have tried more than one USB port... and maybe even more than one PC... just a suggestion since this is usually not a ROM issue.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
"YOU can not include this kernel in your rom without the explicit permission of ziggy, so do not rip the kernel out and repackage it)"

So let me get this straight. You guys get a leaked version of software that you shouldn't have.. You do whatever you want with it, without the 'explicit permission' of Verizon or HTC. Actually it is pretty much totally against HTC and Verizon wishes that you leaked and modded these.

Then in the next breath you say people can't use your kernel without your "explicit permission". Not that I"m a developer that creates Roms but this just sounds stupid to me.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
"YOU can not include this kernel in your rom without the explicit permission of ziggy, so do not rip the kernel out and repackage it)"

So let me get this straight. You guys get a leaked version of software that you shouldn't have.. You do whatever you want with it, without the 'explicit permission' of Verizon or HTC. Actually it is pretty much totally against HTC and Verizon wishes that you leaked and modded these.

Then in the next breath you say people can't use your kernel without your "explicit permission". Not that I"m a developer that creates Roms but this just sounds stupid to me.

Interesting interpretation of the quote from Chingy's post. To me that means please don't use Ziggy's Kernel without his permission. I did not read anything about that kernel coming from Verizon or HTC. And since you did not quote the entire bullet:

• Kernel by Ziggy (This thing Flys! Thanks zigs) (Please note: YOU can not include this kernel in your rom without the explicit permission of ziggy, so do not rip the kernel out and repackage it)

In which Chingy is thanking "zigs"... to me that would signify he had ziggy's permission to use his kernel, but does not want others to just use it without ziggy's permission.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Rather.. Ziggy doesn't want others using it without ziggys permission. Go ask Ziggy if you want to pirate his work without asking. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I effing appreciate what these development do for us.

This thing smokes guys. Battery is really good for me after almost a full day. Very happy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34