Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life with new radios.

I updated my wife's phone to the 2.07 radio the other day to see how it ran. I noticed after she got home that the battery was only down to 80% after she got off. She only made a few calls and text that day.I'm rooted and love cm7 and bamf roms. Please tell me how your battery life has been on any of the new radios.

ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

Default Re: Battery life with new radios.

I've documented improved battery life with the new radios, a nice surprise if you ask me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by opjones View Post
    I've documented improved battery life with the new radios, a nice surprise if you ask me.
    If the battery life is like this with sense with the new radios. I think alot of people will start to like sense. I love sense because its so user friendly.

mine has been AMAZING !!!!!!!! every night when i plug in after about 13-15 hrs off charge i still have more than half battery life left
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock for now

I've noticed a big change. I haven't charged for about 9 hours now, have been listening to music, checking emails, and I'm still at 80%. AND I've been at 4 bars for 3G all day at work (before I was lucky to have 2).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Where's the download for the 2.07 radio and is it compatible with gingerbread roms?

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

I think the 2.11 radios have better battery life than 2.07 radios... though I've read there may be some data issues with both. Personally I haven't been able to test the LTE side of either.
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Much better standby life with the most recent radio leak. Plus, unlike the last leak I don't get stuck on 1xRTT after I lost signal, which is whenever I ride an elevator.

Sent using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ice cream

All of the people that say they have 8+ hours off charge are you heavy or moderate users and what settings are they using cause I can't get no more then 6 hours of light use with only 1 email account syncing every 4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Robert90262 View Post
    All of the people that say they have 8+ hours off charge are you heavy or moderate users and what settings are they using cause I can't get no more then 6 hours of light use with only 1 email account syncing every 4 hours
    I had 48 hrs with Wifi on a while ago... Facebook to every 4 hrs... No Sense Weather but I do have Beautiful Widget Weather updating every time I wake my device... also check under Settings > Accounts & sync > make sure no News, Stocks or Weather is sync'ing (at least that is what I have)... Settings > Display > Screen timeout 30 seconds, also Brightness down to around 33% (1/3 bar).

What ROM do you have??? That can be another thing to consider.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

Here are my latest battery stats with the new radio, there is no doubt I'm getting better battery life after switching to this radio. I base a lot of my results on my awake screen time. Usually before I'd get 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes on a full charge. This new radio I'm getting 2 hours of awake display time. I also see my phone signal is changing more on the new radio, I think this is where the savings is being seen at. Some how the 4g signal is being put asleep after the screen is turned off for a certain amount of time. I consider myself more towards a heavy user, I'm on my phone all day and I'm on 4g all day.

Previous battery stats

New battery stats

ROM
    Stock for now

I need to add, I didn't see the BIG change until I went to the 2.11 radio. Runs smooth for me with uber BAMF.

This is where I pulled the 2.11 radio and you can also find 2.07 and 2.10:

Radios!!

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post

What ROM do you have??? That can be another thing to consider.
    ROM gingeritis VIII and i have weather syncing every 3 hours - mail every 4 and HTC Facebook sync once a day with around 40 text messages and some Facebook and i would barely get 8 hours thats why I'm wondering how you guys get good battery life

I just bought the juice defender and it made a real big difference for me right now

ROM
    Stock for now

I'm set up with uber BAMF P3, 2.11 radio, auto brightness on, wi-fi off, gps off, bluetooth off, I have corporate email set to push always, I'm in a 3G only area, have weather updating every hour, auto update on all my apps, I listen to music and serf the web some while at work, I make sure to kill all apps in task manager a couple of times a day, and I upped my min processor speed to 368640.

ROM
    Stock

Concerned about battery life? Well, I suggest u guys get this AWESOME app called 2x battery from the market. It works wonders (I like it better than juice defender.) I'm a moderate to heavy user myself (Facebooking, kik messenger, go sms pro, all syncs on, trillian, tapatalk, powerAMP, field runners HD, screen on display for 30 mins, overclocked to 1.8 with wifi on, 99% of the time) and somehow, I still got managed to stretch out my extended battery a few times to 2 days while still on the mr2.5 radio.

Battery life with new radios.-uploadfromtaptalk1314399230672.jpg
    Sent from Outer Space
    Last edited by Droid_Evo_8; 08-26-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Concerned about battery life? Well, I suggest u guys get this AWESOME app called 2x battery from the market. It works wonders (I like it better than juice defender.) I'm a moderate to heavy user myself (Facebooking, kik messenger, go sms pro, all syncs on, trillian, tapatalk, powerAMP, field runners HD, screen on display for 30 mins, overclocked to 1.8 with wifi on, 99% of the time) and somehow, I still got managed to stretch out my extended battery a few times to 2 days while still on the mr2.5 radio.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1314399230672.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	14063
    Sent from Outer Space
    You can get 2 days from that battery just using Gingerites 3D ROM...no need for that app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    You can get 2 days from that battery just using Gingerites 3D ROM...no need for that app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    But I'm not running Gingerites. Thanx though.

Sent from Outer Space

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

I've updated to the latest radios, but still have the kernel that comes with Uber P3. We just got fired up locally on LTE, and my phone and my wife's phone suck the life out of the battery. Just sitting here typing this I can watch my battery go down. It was fine before LTE went live.

Kernel suggestions?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Todd M View Post
    I've updated to the latest radios, but still have the kernel that comes with Uber P3. We just got fired up locally on LTE, and my phone and my wife's phone suck the life out of the battery. Just sitting here typing this I can watch my battery go down. It was fine before LTE went live.

Kernel suggestions?
    4g will eat a battery. The strong the signal the faster it goes. Sucks.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Todd M View Post

Kernel suggestions?
    Check this link to find out what works best with the ROM you're running now.
    Thanked by:
    Todd M