Need Serious HELP please!!!

sswheeler

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there someone in the Des Moines area that can help me with my phone. I have a medical condition that keeps me from sitting ata computer all day to work on my phone. I rooted it and the the VZW OTA pushed overnight and now my phone is stuck on the triangle. It doesn't give me enough time to push the files to fix. Could someone please help out. Even if you aren't from the area but still can help me out, please do.
thank you

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the first thing to do is to see if you can get it to the hBoot screen... pull the battery out for a minute... then put it back in... hold down the Volume Down button, while this is held down push and hold the Power button... 5-10 seconds later let go of the Power button, then the Volume Down button... you should boot up into a White hBoot screen. See if you can get it to that point.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok... now we need to figure out where you are and where you want to be.

Do you have ClockworkMod Recovery flashed on your device??? It usually comes when you install ROM Manager... and you will see Recovery on your hBoot screen... do you see Recovery?

It sounds like you just rooted your phone... and are probably still running the stock ROM that came with your device.... is that correct???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Problem is when you root your device you get the old radio put on your device, and then VZW systems see you have the old radio and need the OTA. I'm still not sure... do you see Recovery as a choice on your hBoot screen???

****EDIT: And do you have S-OFF or S-ON near the top of the screen???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
S-OFF I do see recovery on the hBoot screen

These are both very good. You can pull the battery on your device... you need to pull the SD card out and put it in some type of USB adapter or if you have a computer with a SD card adapter, so you can load an ROM onto it, and possible a Radio depending on the ROM.

I need to go off line for a while... so here is it in a nutshell... I'd suggest just to be easy, find and download a Froyo ROM onto your SD card (it's a zip file containing all the programs your device needs to run the ROM)... then put the SD card back into your device, boot it up in hBoot, select Recovery mode, Wipe the Device, Wipe Cache, and under Advanced select and Wipe Dalvik cache... then go back to the main menu and install an update from a Zip file, which you will select the ROM zip file you just loaded on your SD card. After that loads boot it up... you will have a clean device, no data and have to setup everything again, download any apps... but you will have a working smartphone again.

You might want to look at updating your Radio... just go to http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/97307-guide-upgrade-mr2-compatible-rom-radio-mr1-after-root.html.. they have all the instructions and help on updating your Radio.

Sorry I have to leave... hopefully someone else can help you and answer any questions you might have... but you do need some type of SD card adapter to put the files on your SD card.

Reactions: sswheeler

rot#AC

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
someone are so lazy and cant even take the 2 mins to search and solve there own problems. all you have to do is flash a rooted rom

ffcody7

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
someone are so lazy and cant even take the 2 mins to search and solve there own problems. all you have to do is flash a rooted rom

These forums are here so people can ask questions, I know I had my fair share of questions when I got started. So there is no reason to get rude when someone needs help. Don't read these post if it bothers you.

OP, good luck with fixing your phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
These forums are here so people can ask questions, I know I had my fair share of questions when I got started. So there is no reason to get rude when someone needs help. Don't read these post if it bothers you.

OP, good luck with fixing your phone.

Agreed.. no reason for remarks like that here. Telling someone to go search for it is not an acceptable answer here.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.. no reason for remarks like that here. Telling someone to go search for it is not an acceptable answer here.

And besides everything... this issue has been resolved. And I've been checking back on this thread to be sure the OP does not have any other issues.

Take a deep breath and think about how it was when you first rooted... even if you had read a LOT.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
FatBoy I was going to try to assist but you covered it so well that I didn't see any reason to step in and possible redirect the poster...

Just thought I would say..Good job...

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Great job fatboy:) I love this place... Keep up the good work, I have been outta commission for a while because of school and finals.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

jnorchanian

May 13, 2011
Visit site
You guys are right, no need for comments like that.

I had the same problem yesterday. The OTA update happened overnight and i woke up with an exclamation mark on my screen. I just hit menu and did a factory reset. Now i have the radio updated and a new ROM installed so i don't get OTA updates from verizon anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463