No data Connection in the last few days!

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have had no data connection in the last few days. solid signal, but no data. i have done almost everything i can do and still the same result. switched back to Rev.A and i can get 3g "ok", not sure whats up. Any suggestions? im going to re-flash the radio in a minute and give that a wirl.

Another thought is my SIM card might have taken a dump. Id be willing to take it into verizon and get a new sim but dont want to unroot, revert to stock. got way to much going on with my phone to just start from scratch again : ( just so i can "try" if a new SIM would work. what would happen if i took my rooted thunderbolt into a verizon store for a new SIM card?. Would they Deny me service? or put a note on my account stating i have rooted and voided my warranty?. Just curious as to what would happen. they would deffidently notice right off the bat because of my sense 3.0 rom, kernal, gingerbread, signal icons,lock ring,signal bars, spash screen, boot animation and sound, etc...

need help guys! thanks in advance! : )

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
...switched back to Rev.A and i can get 3g "ok", not sure whats up. Any suggestions?
I'd offer some advice but I don't support rooted phones! :D :D Just Kidding!

Anyway, I don't know how you "switched back to Rev A". Doesn't the ROM you're running support the newer MR2 style 3G/4G toggle? What method did you use to "switch to Rev A".

Since you can get 3G, it could be that 4G is actually down for a bit (or eHRPD). Have you called?

-Frank

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd offer some advice but I don't support rooted phones! :D :D Just Kidding!

Anyway, I don't know how you "switched back to Rev A". Doesn't the ROM you're running support the newer MR2 style 3G/4G toggle? What method did you use to "switch to Rev A".

Since you can get 3G, it could be that 4G is actually down for a bit (or eHRPD). Have you called?

-Frank

lol

i switched back to Rev.A using "##778#" > edit mode > 0000000 > modem. and enable Rev.A. i get nothing in regular "eHRPD" my rome has the LTE onoff incoperated into the das tool kit. im running MR2 Radio. I havent called. my boss's thunderbolt is getting 4G,3G service.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
nada. i think you are in a differant boat when it comes to the problem im posting about. i have NO data connection at all!, where you seem to be having just 4g issues. I still havent figured it out....reflashed radios, just flashed the MR2 OTA 1.170.605.0 radio and still nothing in eHRPD mode:mad:.....going to flash the MR2.5 radio right now and if it doesnt work im going to verizon....soo frustrated...

Last edited:

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
flashed MR2.5. Nothing....full wiping and upgrading from RC4 to 4.9. if that does not work then, a new SIM card is going to be tryed. Or some how Das bamf RC4 killed my thunderbolts radio at random. or if its a verizon issue. well they got some explaining to do and owe me for a week of complete outage...lol

Ferg

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to solve this issue?
I'm with you, Thunderdroid, no connection for 3 days now.
Got lots of nice bars but no signal. Even been working with Chris R.
and we're both stumped!
I DO need to get a working phone though! lol :(

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just had this problem for the first time, no data at all. Noticed it was out for 10 hours. A restart fixed it for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ferg

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've done resets and much more wth no luck at all.
How did you know you were out for ten hours?
Where do you check for that?

Plus, if anyone "in the know" is following this thread, I have the BaMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9
Can I just do a full wipe and try a different rom?
It was suggested that I install the stock rom, lose my root and see if it works and then re root.
That just seems like a lot of extra work (that I don't know how to do) as opposed to trying like CM7?
Going on a week without service.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

When I got my data back, I got email that was 10 hours late...so it was atleast 10 hours but not more than 11 hours because I was using it then.

Ferg

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Damn, just a simple restart. Which rom do you have?
For me, I had the BaMF Sense rom for about 3 weeks with most everything
working fine, until this sudden loss of a data connection.
No internet, Market, cannot send or receive attachments in Mail or Message.
With WiFi off, I still see 2 bars but, never 3 or 4G icon.
When I go to my phone setting using: *#*#4636#*#* and then Phone Information.
I press Run ping test and of course, it Fails.
Using Sky Raider now, with same results.
Geez...

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am very curious about this issue. Just this morning at work my phone stopped getting data and I haven't any since. I have 3-4 bars but no 3G or 4G logo. No internet or data coming to the phone. The occasional txt makes it through and calls are fine... as far as I can tell. (These are different from data I assume)

Anyway, I have restarted a couple of times to no avail. If anyone finds a solution I would love to hear about it.

Running Gingeritis 3D VIII

I'm going to flash any radios I can find. Wish me luck!

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Friends and broken TB owners. I am afraid I cannot be of more help, mainly because most of my rooting experience has been learned from trial and error. However my intentions are good. As previously posted my phone too was being a poppycock and not getting data.

I have since loaded the latest radios from here
[RADIO] HTC Thunderbolt Radios [PG05IMG.zip] (Updated: 23 Aug 2011) - xda-developers

and things seem to be going along much better.

I wish I could provide more information but i dont really know what the important stuff is. Feel free to message me with any questions.

I know how terribly frustrating this issue can be and I would be glad to help anyone struggling!

Best,

Boston:D

bigjr90001

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, so I unrooted my TBolt took it to a verizon store and all they told me was "We know what your problem is, and have to replace your phone" I should be getting my replacement phone sometime today. :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Plus, if anyone "in the know" is following this thread, I have the BaMF Sense 3.0 RC4.9
Can I just do a full wipe and try a different rom?
It was suggested that I install the stock rom, lose my root and see if it works and then re root.
That just seems like a lot of extra work (that I don't know how to do) as opposed to trying like CM7?
Going on a week without service.

Can't you install the stock rom and MR2 radio and see if data works? Download it from XDA and install through CWM. Good luck.

DroidHead92

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
im new to this forum, ive had my TB since May this year. but just finally decided to root and install custom ROM a couple nights ago. the root was successful and i followed that by flashing the MR2 radio , followed by BAMF forever cubed 1.0.8 .. everything was working fine till this morning i woke up with no data. i restored my original rom w/ mr2 and still had no data. reflashed my custom ROM and radio.still no data. someone help me please:-\

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, I can't get any cell data connection. was working fine, i attempted to connect to a wifi access point with wrong password and had to kill wifi to get it to stop. After that completely lost all data, reboots haven't done anything was thinking of wipe and reflash but haven't done anything yet. Wifi works