Need help

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my Thunderbolt and found an Android on the screen with an triangle and exclamation point in the center. Phone is rooted and with the Thunderbolt Auto Root MR1. If I boot the phone into recovery mode the will ask me if I want to start the update and if I select no it will power up normally and after a few minutes power down automatically. The it will repower up show a box with a curvy arrow coming out of it and then lock up. Please help, I am not very fluent in this and I need assistance.

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
One more thing it seems to be stuck in the loop and won't install (what i believe to be the Verizon update) which has caused this issue.-j

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to you I am. What i did was follow the instructions via the link you provided. After that I updated to a 2.5 radio and NonS3ns3 v1.0 (HTC Kernel MOD). So far so good. I do have a few questions
1) what is the difference between a kernal mod and what appears to be a "full rom"?
2) How do I prevent this from happening again?

I am new to this and once I get a grasp it will come to me much easier. There are so many different mods you can do to Android it can get confusing. I appreciate your time and look forward to your reply.-j

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
1) what is the difference between a kernal mod and what appears to be a "full rom"?
Not sure what you mean by a kernel mod... you can find kernel's out there to replace the one that comes with the ROM, but I would not do that unless you are absolutely sure it will run with that ROM.

) How do I prevent this from happening again?
You should not have this issue again if you are running a custom ROM. You don't get OTA with custom ROMs.

Reactions: tfrank10

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a recommendation of Gingerbread which I can get the HTC sense "flip clock and weather" widget? The NonS3ns3 v1.0 (HTC Kernel MOD) doesn't have this available. It also has lost alot of the nice touches that HTC applied standard-such as backup assistant. I lost all my phone #'s. I value your recommendation and will be willing to give it a shot.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a recommendation of Gingerbread which I can get the HTC sense "flip clock and weather" widget? The NonS3ns3 v1.0 (HTC Kernel MOD) doesn't have this available. It also has lost alot of the nice touches that HTC applied standard-such as backup assistant. I lost all my phone #'s. I value your recommendation and will be willing to give it a shot.

Personally, I use Gingeritis 3D Beta VIII... it's fast and works great. There is an issue some have reported with calls, but there is a new fix on the last page of the thread posted here on AC that Chingy (one of the main ROM programmers of Gingeritis) is recommending as a possible fix (I just loaded in minutes ago, but I don't get that many calls on my phone).

Das BAMF 3.0 is another option, but I have not looked at it in at least a month or more.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I am new to rooting and installed Das BAMF Sense 3.0 R4.9 about a week ago. I love it. It runs great and on the Team BAMF forums there are many options to modify the way it looks. After a friend of mine saw it he rooted and installed the same rom. In their toolkit it even gives you quick optons to overclock the processor. It's pretty much a full verson of sense 3.0 for the thunderbolt!

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Das BAMF 3.0 is another option, but I have not looked at it in at least a month or more.

Gonna try this one first, then i may try Gingeritis- I use my phone alot being that it is my business line. So the phone must work properly. I really appreciate your time. Thank you-j:)