Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problem downloading widgets and skins from HTC

"unable to download widgets. try again later" is all i get when trying on a custom rom (uber BAMF, gingeritis). Widgets download seems to work fine on stock. Any help would be great, thanks.

Default Re: problem downloading widgets and skins from HTC

I've noticed the same problem, I'm trying to figure out what to do about it as well.

Just a guess, but since the Tbolt is not recognized by HTC running the Stock Froyo ROM, it's not going to recognize the Tbolt running a custom ROM... like I said, just a guess... I have not found a custom ROM that does work yet.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Thunderbread v2.6

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Just a guess, but since the Tbolt is not recognized by HTC running the Stock Froyo ROM, it's not going to recognize the Tbolt running a custom ROM... like I said, just a guess... I have not found a custom ROM that does work yet.
    Yep. Same reason the Verizon apps don't work on custom ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by watson387 View Post
    Yep. Same reason the Verizon apps don't work on custom ROMs.
    I'd probably have to disagree with this since the MyVerizon app does work on the stock ROM, or it did a while ago... are you saying it does not work now??? And the MyVerizon app has worked with a couple ROMs, even though it just stopped working on Gingeritis 3D VIII after working for a while after I loaded it.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    stock, for now...

Never mind...that didn't work either.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Thunderbread v2.6

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I'd probably have to disagree with this since the MyVerizon app does work on the stock ROM, or it did a while ago... are you saying it does not work now??? And the MyVerizon app has worked with a couple ROMs, even though it just stopped working on Gingeritis 3D VIII after working for a while after I loaded it.
    It doesn't work with AOSP ROMs as far as I can tell. I really wish it did though. I'd like to have a working Data Usage Widget on Liquid Thunderbread...