Rom's Battery Life Confusion.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been messing around with a bunch of Rom's lately. My fav so far is Gingeritis 3d beta 6. I would like someone to clear up a little confusion that I am having while messing around with all these roms.

If you use the phone, meaning display time it really doesn't matter what rom you use? I have the belief that it doesn't really matter what rom you use, if you touch the phone a lot your going to get 2-3 hours of battery life regardless of your rom. Or does it matter that some roms run on sense and others on ASOP.

The only time you will see any dramatic difference in battery life is when you don't touch the phone. Is this assumption correct?

As of right now I am getting approx. 13 hours (almost 2-3 hours display) eating away at the battery with 4G. Is there a point to keep installing roms, or is this "normal".

Thanks for any info you can clear up.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Now I am confused... Isn't it clear that if you are always touching the screen and keeping it on compared to allowing the device to turn off screen and go to sleep you would notice more power being used with you interacting to the device which will keep it on.

Why would it be any different?

Basically with some Kernels used with some roms you will notice it will use less power because of the ability to choose a low voltage kernel which will improve battery life.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Does the difference in skin make the battery life difference as your playing with it:

For instance with gingeritis 3d there is a ton of sense 3.0 features (eye candy) by using that skin and putting on the display (weather widgets etc.) do you eat more battery or do other skins that are less fancy give you longer display with the phone?

Does a rom that uses ASOP or Froyo give you longer time to play with the phone?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
"eye candy" is always going to hurt your battery life... the more widgets you have on your screens the harder it is on your battery life... therefore if you have all the bells and whistles turned on in Sense you will burn up more battery. And of course ASOP should be better on battery life, but not if you download and put all kinds of widgets on your screen. And a Sense version of Froyo will be just as bad as a Sense version of Gingerbread, but maybe a little easier on battery since it does not have all the Sense 3.0 stuff in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34