I can't believe it...

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Pinch me, please...i rooted my phone last night and removed, city ID, let's golf, and rock band...took my phone off charge at 10 am...and...have used only 20% of battery life..it shows under settings and about and battery that its been off charge for 13 hours and ...i still have tons of life left...who would have ever thought that rooting stock and removing those three apps, would account for an all days use plus more on a single charge...I'm going to keep it off charge a while longer and keep using this thing for everything I do, cause for one...i don't have a laptop and the thunderbolt is my only source of communication, emails, forums, news, audio, gps, along with facebook, and phone...wow!..Root everyone....Root!... I doubt I will flash any custom roms now...just keeping stock til gingerbread is released as an ruu or an img file to flash from sd card..i could never get more than 11 hrs, on any given day and at that I might have 10% left on a full charge...this is amazing..sorry for my ecstaticness..just had to pass this on!! Woohoo!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you wish to see even better life flash a good battery rom. Doing this will give you many things like a major speed increase with good battery life. Trust me running stock is nothing compaired to a roms like cm7 or bamf. I love to theme my phone so that's why I rooted. Now that you have taken the leap you will find what you like about root. Good luck and hope you explore some more.

tfrank10

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the club! However I'd also recommend flashing a custom ROM. Only good things await!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Custom is the way to go man. Added functionality and efficiency depending on the Rom. Either way its a step up from stock.

LAKingsDru

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I want to root my phone but have no idea where to start, and what to use. I don't want to brick this thing and ruin the warranty. Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to root my phone but have no idea where to start, and what to use. I don't want to brick this thing and ruin the warranty. Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Just a friendly tip, if rooting for first time use the revolutionary method found throughout the thread its extremely easy and first time rooter friendly

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Pinch me, please...i rooted my phone last night and removed, city ID, let's golf, and rock band...took my phone off charge at 10 am...and...have used only 20% of battery life..it shows under settings and about and battery that its been off charge for 13 hours and ...i still have tons of life left...who would have ever thought that rooting stock and removing those three apps, would account for an all days use plus more on a single charge...I'm going to keep it off charge a while longer and keep using this thing for everything I do, cause for one...i don't have a laptop and the thunderbolt is my only source of communication, emails, forums, news, audio, gps, along with facebook, and phone...wow!..Root everyone....Root!... I doubt I will flash any custom roms now...just keeping stock til gingerbread is released as an ruu or an img file to flash from sd card..i could never get more than 11 hrs, on any given day and at that I might have 10% left on a full charge...this is amazing..sorry for my ecstaticness..just had to pass this on!! Woohoo!

Be sure to do something to block the vzw pushing an ota if you remain rooted and stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21