Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Here is my dilemma

So I have a Dilemma that Im hoping you guys can help me out with. I have bought a Revolution and will be selling my Thunderbolt. I loved the Thunderbolt but I just wanna try something different.

My Dilemma is that my Thunderbolt is rooted and has a custom ROM on in. I want to sell it but my conscious is telling me to unroot the device, return to the stock ROM and then sell. So there are no surprises for the new buyer.

How do I return back to stock and re-download the MR2 update? I already have the Revolution on my account. So I wont be able to get the thunderbolt on the VZ network

ROM
    Official 2.11.605.3

Default Re: Here is my dilemma

[RS Guide] How Return to Stock from Revolutionary Root

Not sure how to update to the last OTA...Just let the buyer know they'll need to do a software update once they get it set up.

Just sell it with the buyer understanding what was done.

------------------------------------------
    Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Its very simple... flash 2 zip files in hboot. The first zip is the MR1 RUU... returns phone back to Verizon factory conditions including bloatware. The second zip locks the bootloader and unroots the phone.
    [HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thanks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Its very simple... flash 2 zip files in hboot. The first zip is the MR1 RUU... returns phone back to Verizon factory conditions including bloatware. The second zip locks the bootloader and unroots the phone.
    [HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers
    This wont work if you use revolution.... If you use Revolution use How to Unroot - HTC Thunderbolt (After Revolutionary) - YouTube

Will this work if I used the one click root or the original manual method?
    Yes, but you can start from 7:02

Links:
    ==================
    Driver
    http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

Guide
    http://www.thunderboltforums.com/for...nary-root.html
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Some buyers may be interested in a pre-rooted phone, especially if they're buying a used phone with no warranty coverage as is.

Maybe not? Just throwing it out there.

I sold my fascinate rooted and with a custom rom on it. when you post it up for sale, say that it is currently rooted, but you can return it to stock if they want.

I can't believe you are giving up your Thunderbolt for the LG Revolution. The Bolt does so much more!
    I would reconsider and sell the LG and keep your bolt ! an honest opinion.
    I really like all the benefits and features of the Bolt........like voice and data at the same time even on 3G
    It is the only LTE device that does it on 3G and 4G without wifi.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

The Bionic does the voice and data on 4G only.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Jux

ROM
    CM7/MIUI/whatever I fancy

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Some buyers may be interested in a pre-rooted phone, especially if they're buying a used phone with no warranty coverage as is.

Maybe not? Just throwing it out there.
    Yeah, good way to advertise it and hopefully get a higher price. I got more for my old iPhone because it was jailbroken and unlocked. I offered to go back to stock for the buyer but they wanted to keep it that way.
    I made the Picard Video