Google Voice for dummies... VZW VM

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

I am running a GB leaked rom and do not get VZW voice mail notifications. Not VVM, but just the lil indicator stating you have a VM waiting. Something even the most simple of phones have.

Here is my dilemma...

My cell has a 410 # assigned to it. I just keep its VM as is (mobile messenger).

I have a GV # that is my work # (formally a VZW but had ported to GV). That is forwarded to the 410 #.

At least, if I miss a GV #, it shows up in my logs.

Now, the $1,000,000 question... until the rom gets fixed, what is the best course of action so I can get my messages and notifications if missed?

Thanks!

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I would use gvoice as your VM and set it up to send you either an email or text when you have a new VM

Sent from my Dragonzord using the Dragon Dagger

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

I am running a GB leaked rom and do not get VZW voice mail notifications. Not VVM, but just the lil indicator stating you have a VM waiting. Something even the most simple of phones have.

Here is my dilemma...

My cell has a 410 # assigned to it. I just keep its VM as is (mobile messenger).

I have a GV # that is my work # (formally a VZW but had ported to GV). That is forwarded to the 410 #.

At least, if I miss a GV #, it shows up in my logs.

Now, the $1,000,000 question... until the rom gets fixed, what is the best course of action so I can get my messages and notifications if missed?

Thanks!

Just use it as your Voice mail only. You will just get vm notifications in the task bar. I wouldn't use voice for calling unless you really need it. There are no notification issues with google voice.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup that's what you do. I can't remember the exact steps to do so but it does guide you through it when setting it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its a known bug with custom Gingerbread ROMs... there's no fix at the moment besides rebooting the phone everytime to check for messages (which would be ridiculous). Try using Google Voicemail as suggested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac