Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Can't Disable Auto Correct

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it. I have Gingeritis VIII and for some reason I don't seem to be able to disable the autocorrect feature. I go to settings, language and keyboard and disable everything autocorrect related under Gingerbread Keyboard (and also turn off microphone icon) but then when I open Gmail or Handcent, the keyboard behaves the exact same as always. Keeps changing my words to the closest match.

How the heck do I disable that??

Default Re: Can't Disable Auto Correct

Did you try a 3rd party keyboard??? Currently I prefer Swiftkey X keyboard... it has a very good settings section, including one I have to change everytime I flashed a new ROM called "Spacebar will..." I change it from "complete the current word" to "always insert a space".... that works best for me, but it also has "always insert a prediction".
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I hadn't tried a different keyboard but I will. Just aggravating the standard Gingerbread keyboard won't let me do that. I'll try this Swiftkey X you mentioned.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Did you try a 3rd party keyboard??? Currently I prefer Swiftkey X keyboard... it has a very good settings section, including one I have to change everytime I flashed a new ROM called "Spacebar will..." I change it from "complete the current word" to "always insert a space".... that works best for me, but it also has "always insert a prediction".
    It appears that did the trick and I like the keyboard. Thanks!

Not a problem... the nice thing is it learns how you type as you go.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"