TeamBamf fixes the VM notification on Thunderbolt

gall0wz

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Of course you need to root and install their Bamf Forever rom... but thats super easy. They have a step by step on how to do it and are very helpful for any questions you have. I'm super super dumb and I got rooted and installed rom with no problems.
Plus Verizon and HTC really screwed up with releasing this build without VM notifications working. And much to my delight, Team Bamf released a patch that fixes that issue. I've tested and it works on my Thunderbolt running BAMF Forever 1.0.6

[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.6

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
sweet!
hopefully they update it and remove the line, "This will not work on BAMF SoaB or Forever."

i'm taking you guys @ your word it'll work with Forever 1.0.6 :)

still. GoogleVoice is where it's at for me. hopefully this'll work for my friends phones who now wish to be running BAMF

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
N00b question as I've just rooted/installed 1.06 last week.

At the time, the VM patch didn't exist. To add it, I simply place the zip on the SD card and reboot into recovery? Then it'll execute and not screw anything up?

I don't have to wipe caches/davlik/whatever? And I won't lose any data/apps?

I'll backup first of course, but just want to make sure applying the new VM patch doesn't erase anything.

Thanks

nolimitzr1#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
i got 20 bucks says vzw n htc take bamfs patch n pop it in their ota and take credit, cmon honestly all this time they couldnt figure it out? yet the aftermarket devs do?....go Bamf!!!!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I got 40 that says they will too, but for different reasons.

This wasn't a case of them not figuring it out, its just that the corporate bureaucracy got in the way of proper testing. Nobody noticed. HTC didn't because they likely don't have test parameters for it, or a live device, and Verizon didn't because their testers are inept.Both companies likely have rules against visiting forums during work hours, and cannot police it to make sure that if they did allow it, it would be only for research and feedback.

Its not magical code that we used. Its the code that should have been there all along, ripped out of Froyo and added to Gingerbread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes